DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   What's the title of your most watched DVD in a year? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/307982-whats-title-your-most-watched-dvd-year.html)

PJsig08 08-05-03 12:48 AM

Without a doubt Ultimate Jordan. I fell asleep to that dozens of times during the year.

Close "seconds" are Jackass: the Movie, Old School and The Godfather Trilogy.

jekbrown 08-05-03 01:02 AM

i tend to really spread it around... but American Pie 2 was prolly the single dvd i watched the most times. Prolly woulda been LotR: FotR: EE if i wasnt always busy and the movie so long. :)

j

D-Ball 08-05-03 01:48 AM

My most watched would be among these:
Big Lebowski
O' Brother Where Art Thou
Fargo
Jaws
The Thing
Bull Durham
True Romance

dcpoppy 08-05-03 11:04 AM

Trainspotting R2 Definitive Edition - replaced crappy R1 release!
Office Space

I should really watch these more often:
The Big Lebowski, Fargo, Raising Arizona
Big Trouble in Little China
Fight Club
Boondock Saints (*****, A$$!)

So many movies, so little time...

danol 08-05-03 03:10 PM

For the type of titles I have been reading the only one that has quite a few watching it is "Hackers", prove me wrong. :)

chente 08-05-03 03:53 PM

I'd have to go with Miller's Crossing, Chasing Amy, Grosse Pointe Blank and High Fidelity. I'm buying DVD's faster than I have time to watch them but I always seem to see one of the above every couple of months when I have company.

DeeKay 08-10-03 01:50 PM

The dvds I watch at least once a WEEK, EVERY WEEK (that is at least 25 times this year, from their release date) are:

LOTR
Harry Potter - both
Hopscotch
The Importance of Being Earnest
Monsters, Inc.
My Big Fat Greek Wedding
Pride and Prejudice
Secret of Roan Inish
Serendipity
Seven Faces of Dr. Lao
Shrek
Sum of All Fears

Every week, no kidding.

Monthly (that means at least 7 times this year, from their release date) .....

Almost Famous
America's Sweethearts
Arabian Nights - miniseries
Armageddon
The Big Sleep
Chocolat
Gosford Park
High Fidelity
Key Largo
Lilo & Stitch
Matilda
The Patriot
The Maltese Falcon
A Midsummer's Night Dream
Support Your Local Sheriff
That Thing You Do

gutwrencher 08-10-03 03:13 PM

if you ask me in another year....it might be this one. this is killer music at it's best, and to watch this master of the axe...is a repeatable pleasure.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...1.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Cartload 08-10-03 03:35 PM

I've probably watched the boot camp parts of "Full Metal Jacket" more than any other DVD.

AkMedic 08-10-03 05:28 PM

Count of Monte Cristo

Twin Peaks

Farscape

The Prisoner

bsktballDude1 08-10-03 05:38 PM

Almost Famous, Moulin Rouge, and Minority Report are my most watched this year.

danol 08-10-03 08:25 PM

Deekay Thank you

Originally posted by DeeKay
The dvds I watch at least once a WEEK, EVERY WEEK (that is at least 25 times this year, from their release date) are:

LOTR
Harry Potter - both
Hopscotch
Monsters, Inc.
My Big Fat Greek Wedding
Pride and Prejudice
Secret of Roan Inish
Serendipity
Seven Faces of Dr. Lao
Shrek
Sum of All Fears

Every week, no kidding.

Almost Famous
America's Sweethearts
Armageddon
The Big Sleep
Chocolat
Gosford Park
High Fidelity
Key Largo
Lilo & Stitch
Matilda
The Patriot
The Maltese Falcon
That Thing You Do

danol 08-10-03 08:30 PM

Deekay Thank you

Originally posted by DeeKay

LOTR
Harry Potter - both
Hopscotch
Monsters, Inc.
My Big Fat Greek Wedding
Pride and Prejudice
Secret of Roan Inish
Serendipity
Seven Faces of Dr. Lao
Shrek
Sum of All Fears

Every week, no kidding.

Almost Famous
America's Sweethearts
Armageddon
The Big Sleep
Chocolat
Gosford Park
High Fidelity
Key Largo
Lilo & Stitch
Matilda
The Patriot
The Maltese Falcon
That Thing You Do

DeeKay that was a great post, you had me reading every word you typed with interest, too bad the other responders didn't have the 'courage' to tell all, that this was what they watched over and over!

RobCA 08-10-03 08:33 PM

Re: Deekay Thank you

Originally posted by danol
too bad the other responders didn't have the 'courage' to tell all, that this was what they watched over and over!
Ummm, isn't that what everyone in this thread has done? :confused: :rolleyes:

Rob

danol 08-10-03 08:39 PM

RobCA

No Rob and that includes me, I didn't want you all on my 'case' for taking up so much bandwidth. Since you know my position I could have taken up so much space, on all the movies I have, that I watch over and over with a lot of pleasure.

gutwrencher 08-10-03 08:43 PM

rotfl

RobCA 08-10-03 08:45 PM

http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/uhoh.gif http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/uhoh2.gif http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/uhoh3.gif

http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmili...d/nixweiss.gif

jarsim 08-10-03 10:17 PM

I've e-mailed and 'talked' to RobCa a few times and to annoy him you must have done/said something wrong, Danol.

And by the way, 'bandwith' is really only going to be effected by the addition of images, not text where the difference between two sentences and four long paragraphs is miniscule.

So, don't antagonize people who post in your thread, that's just tacky. (especially when you're guilty of what you are antagonizing)

RobCA 08-10-03 10:25 PM

Thanks, Jarsim! :) But just to clarify, I wasn't really annoyed, just confused.

Danol seemed to be singling out one person who responded to his thread, apparently because he listed more titles than most of us had. I can't speak for anyone else, but personally, I didn't post a longer list of DVDs I watch over and over again because there just aren't that many. :)

Rob

danol 08-11-03 12:30 AM

RobCA

I suppose if your really annoyed, you would have a page full of the not so friendly smilies to say it all for you huh? LOL :)

The DVD I watched tonight I have seen over 300 times is "Philadelphia", I liked Tom Hanks and Denzel Washington's acting, also in recent years I have like more of Antonio Banderos Films that have become DVD. There isn't a day that goes by without watching or watching and listening to a concert. I know the concert I sent for today will be a favorite from the sixities called "The Turtles" 'Happy Together' 90 minutes of songs in stereo
of what my genration liked. I can't wait for it to arrive, I had asked help on DVD Talk, but apparently no one knew "The Turtles" which shows the age group of this forum to us older guys, next to you younger guys.:)

RobCA 08-11-03 12:32 AM

Originally posted by danol
I suppose if your really annoyed, you would have a page full of the not so friendly smilies to say it all for you huh? LOL :)
Nah, probably just one smiley giving you the finger. :D ;) j/k

Rob

dcpoppy 08-11-03 12:35 AM

Danol,

I think most of us just have a few titles that we find/make the time to watch repetatively. With all the films that are available that I haven't seen, I know I would rather see something I haven't seen and might enjoy even more than something I could watch again. There are those few films that are for whatever reason appeal to us in a certain way that makes want to watch them again and again, but most of us have a short list. Don't broadly criticize people who have responded to your question because you feel that they are somehow holding back and cheating you. How do you know how many DVDs I have watched more than once this year?

danol 08-11-03 12:40 AM

Originally posted by dcpoppy
Danol,

I think most of us just have a few titles that we find/make the time to watch repetatively. With all the films that are available that I haven't seen, I know I would rather see something I haven't seen and might enjoy even more than something I could watch again. There are those few films that are for whatever reason appeal to us in a certain way that makes want to watch them again and again, but most of us have a short list. Don't broadly criticize people who have responded to your question because you feel that they are somehow holding back and cheating you. How do you know how many DVDs I have watched more than once this year?

I tried to get this back on subject, please if you don't have anything good to say on the topic, please create your own thread.

evanmd 08-11-03 12:52 AM

I don't watch many over and over, but I have watched The Apartment and LOTR:FOTR EE a few times this year

dcpoppy 08-11-03 12:54 AM

I'm not sure how age group utilizing the forum has anything to do with the subject, but I will remind you that you are the one who steered this thread off topic to begin with. I felt that as a poster who only listed two films as ones that I have watched multiple times this year, I am included in your scorn. I am explaining that I don't have many films that I felt the need to watch over and over again. To me that seems quite germane to the topic, or at least the offshoot you started. That is my two cents. Thanks and good night. We youngsters populating the forum who don't know who the Turtles are have to go to bed so we can go to work in the morning so we can pay the mortgage.

BTW, maybe it isn't that people don't know who the Turtles are, maybe they just don't like them. :)