Community
Search

return of the living dead part 2-alt version on cinemax

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-03, 01:33 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
return of the living dead part 2-alt version on cinemax

tonite i caught the last 25 minuets part 2,and i noticed a few changes..the movie was rescored!some new bogus score now replaces the better score in the original version and in the end when moster mash plays during the credits,its absent!now some rock song that plays during the movie plays,its the song when they bust out of doc mandels garage..i thought i was goin crazy,so i checked my 1988 vhs copy(theatrical version) and yes,it has been changed.im so used to the original score and i really dont want a new one,i also noticed a few sound effect changes here and there and in the power plant scenes,the zombie moans are a lil louder than i remember..this is probably a rights issue when it comes to the music,the warner bros.label is tacked on the movie also...anybody have any idea on this>
Old 07-17-03, 05:12 AM

The movie was changed, per the director's wishes. It is different on TV as well as on the new DVD.
Old 07-17-03, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,074 Likes on 650 Posts
Funny you mentioned this movie. I watched it really late this weekend on Skinemax for the first time in a long time. It seems they show the Return of the Living Dead series all the time as they seem to show the first one & third one all the time.

I definitely want to buy the first and third one on dvd eventually but the second one just lacks something that the other 2 have. The times where thing are played for laughs just fall flat. It also doesn't seem as spooky as the other two. What do you guys think?
Old 07-17-03, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It doesn't seems as spooky cause they tried to make the dead people funny instead of creepy. Like the hand giving the finger, and stuff like that.
Old 10-09-03, 11:36 PM

Originally posted by AdamComic2
The movie was changed, per the director's wishes. It is different on TV as well as on the new DVD.
I think you're confusing part 2 (the movie the original poster is talking about) with the first film.