Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Radiohead - 7 Television Commericals, August 5 (Canada)

Community
Search

Radiohead - 7 Television Commericals, August 5 (Canada)

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-03, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radiohead - 7 Television Commericals, August 5

Radiohead's 7 Television Commercials is coming to DVD in Canada, which is Region 1, same as US, for those interested, on August 5th. I'm not sure if and when it's coming out in the US, so for those who can't wait, here's a link to the listing on Amazon.ca:

Click Me

I found out about this a couple weeks ago, but wasn't sure if it was confirmed, so I didn't want to post it, just in case. But it seems to be somewhat confirmed by this pre-order listing. I'll see if I can find the article I read about this later. I'll most likely be picking this up since it can be had for under $10 with the current currency exchange (before shipping). Of course, it wouldn't hurt to check other sites for prices as well. The VHS version is long OOP, so hopefully I can sell that off to pay for this one.

UPDATE: It's also available on the USA Amazon website, for only $12.74 before shipping. So far, this is the way to go. Here's the link:
Click Me Too

So far Amazon.com is the only place I've seen it up for pre-order in the US. I know it's still a Canadian release, so you probably won't be able to find it in most US stores. I assume Amazon only has it cuz Amazon.ca has it also, and it's still Region 1.

K

P.S. Thanks for the love!

Last edited by Cornelius1047; 07-31-03 at 03:34 AM.
Old 07-16-03, 12:42 PM

Great news, I've got meeting people is easy, so i'll definately be picking this one up as well. thks for the info
Old 07-16-03, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
IMO worth picking up just for the 'Street Spirit' video
Old 07-16-03, 04:35 PM

they just did a 2$ bill show on mtv2, that was pretty cool. i wonder if that will ever show up on dvd. without atarting a new thread, you guys know if there are any good non-region 1 radiohead dvd's.
Old 07-16-03, 06:02 PM
Banned

amazon.com has it? awesome! The Just and Street Spirit videos are among the best ever.
Old 07-16-03, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Excellent news. I was so disappointed when I couldn't get a copy on vhs.
Old 07-17-03, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

i just recorded this onto DVD from my old VHS copy. the results were pretty decent, so i doubt i'll upgrade, but this is definately worth the $$$ if you don't have it and like radiohead. some of the best videos ever.
Old 07-19-03, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

UPDATE: This also available from BestBuy.com here for $14.99, w/ free shipping and CircuitCity.com here for $15.99, also with free shipping. DVD Planet has it here for $11.89, though I'm not sure how much shipping is. Looks like they might actually have these in stores, as well.

K

Last edited by Cornelius1047; 07-19-03 at 02:12 PM.
Old 07-19-03, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Anyone got a list of videos on it?
Old 07-19-03, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well, I'm pretty sure it's the exact same listing as the VHS. Here is the list of videos on that release:
[list=1][*]Paranoid Android[*]Street Spirit[*]No Surprises[*]Just[*]High And Dry (U.S. Version)[*]Karma Police[*]Fake Plastic Trees[/list=1]

If there's any bonus features, which I somehow doubt, perhaps it'll be the inclusion of videos made before and after this release (though I doubt the band wants Creep on it) or maybe even international videos. This is all rather unlikely though. We shall see.

UPDATE: According to Capitol Records' Canadian website, this is indeed the list.

Here's a quote as well:
Since 1998, this collection of classic Radiohead video clips has only been available on VHS tape. EMI Worldwide is happy to finally be able to offer the compilation in the DVD format.

It includes the original seven videos that made Radiohead leaders in the short-form video format. Visually stunning, cutting edge, clever vignettes that have stood the test of time, and bear repeated viewing.
And a pic:

Go Here To See

K

Last edited by Cornelius1047; 07-19-03 at 02:42 PM.
Old 07-31-03, 03:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

UPDATE: Apparently, this is going to be available in US stores. Well, Best Buy anyway. It's going to be on sale for $11.99 next week. Hopefully, my local CD World will also have it, so I can pricematch with my store credit. Or perhaps Circuit City, so I can go the gift card route. We shall see.

*Canceling Amazon pre-order*

K