Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

who wants "Once More With Feeling" (buffy) seperate from season 6 set?

Community
Search
View Poll Results: should once more with feeling be availbile seperate from season 6
yes
29.85%
no
70.15%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-03, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most fans will agree that season 6 sucked. But by far, the standout episode was "Once More With Feeling" which was the musical episode. Its availible seperate in the uk. (click here to buy it http://www.blackstar.co.uk/video/item/7000000078297 )
I personally won't get season 6 since even though that was my introduction to the show, seeing the other seasons, this one is a weak link.
click here for the cd soundtrack
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...251115-6901649
Old 07-01-03, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nope, I want to complete my Buffy/Angel sets completely.
Old 07-01-03, 05:39 PM
mwj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't like Season six or "Once More with Feeling" enough to buy either one.
Old 07-01-03, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
I didn't think S6 sucked as badly as others seem to think (I mean it's not S9 of The X-Files or anything that bad ) so I'll stick to complete season sets.
Old 07-01-03, 05:53 PM
Banned

If anything, I would think if they realize that fans think this they would make sure to not release it separately so that they would make more money....
Old 07-01-03, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: who wants "Once More With Feeling" (buffy) seperate from season 6 set?

Originally posted by Rypro 525
Most fans will agree that season 6 sucked.
This right here is where you lost me. I might say that season 6 wasn't quite as good compared to other seasons of Buffy- but I would never say season 6 (or 7, or 4 or whatever) "sucked". It's was one of the 5 best shows on TV throughout it's entire run (IMO).

I'll be getting all seven seasons for sure, and I want them to be complete. If they chose to release an extra "special edition" DVD of OMWF with tons of bonus features, I'd likely get that as well- but they better not leave it off season 6 set so that people are forced to buy the extra disc along with a the boxset.
Old 07-01-03, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If it's also released with the entire set, I see no harm.

K
Old 07-01-03, 06:58 PM
Banned

I've only seen one episode of this show and it completely turned me off from ever wanting to see it again. I am HOPING it was just an awful episode. It was a little over a year ago. Buffy was working in a fast food restuarant and evil things were there or something. I thought it was really horribly written....
Old 07-01-03, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
So let me get this straight.. you want to pay almost as much as a season set for one episode? Why not buy the season for the sales price and act like you paid a lot for the episode and got the rest of the season for free?
Old 07-01-03, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,882 Likes on 1,238 Posts
Although I'm hardly a fan of season six, I plan on buying the set as a whole. I'm actually one of the few Buffy fans that isn't all that fond of the musical, but I'm not sure how well it would stand on its own, out of context.
Old 07-01-03, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Re: who wants "Once More With Feeling" (buffy) seperate from season 6 set?

Originally posted by Tscott
This right here is where you lost me. I might say that season 6 wasn't quite as good compared to other seasons of Buffy- but I would never say season 6 (or 7, or 4 or whatever) "sucked". It's was one of the 5 best shows on TV throughout it's entire run (IMO).

I'll be getting all seven seasons for sure, and I want them to be complete. If they chose to release an extra "special edition" DVD of OMWF with tons of bonus features, I'd likely get that as well- but they better not leave it off season 6 set so that people are forced to buy the extra disc along with a the boxset.
That's exactly how I feel. Although, I have to admit that I have said on more than one occasion that "season 4 sucked!". But I actually do love most of those episodes.

They really should pack the dvd with lots of extras from that ep. They filmed a lot of behind-the-scenes action. They showed some of it during the commercial breaks when they first ran the episode.

And even the worst season of BtVS is still much, much better than any other thing on tv.
Old 07-01-03, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by folgersnyourcup
I've only seen one episode of this show and it completely turned me off from ever wanting to see it again. I am HOPING it was just an awful episode. It was a little over a year ago. Buffy was working in a fast food restuarant and evil things were there or something. I thought it was really horribly written....
No wonder you were turned off. "Doublemeat Palace" is IMO one of the Top 5 worst episodes of Buffy ever. It also happens to be from the infamous sixth season. Try watching something from the first 3 years(except for "Bad Eggs" which also sucks).

As far as a single disc release of "Once More With Feeling", I'd love to see it. Not because I hate Season 6. It's the 2nd worst year of Buffy(right behind the 7th and final season), don't get me wrong. But the reason I'd like it released separately is because I already have the Region 2 box set of Season 6. And although I don't mind the PAL speedup all that much(even in the musical episode), it would be nice to be able to hear all those songs in their original key.

And for those of you on the fence about getting the Season 6 DVDs, Fox and Mutant Enemy loaded it with extras. "Once More With Feeling" alone gets a 30 minute behind-the-scenes documentary, commentary by Joss Whedon, and 3 songs with a karaoke feature.
Old 07-01-03, 09:18 PM

Season 6 wasn't my favorite, but OMWF, Normal Again, and a good finsh made it alright.

I'd rather it just be in the set like normal. The extras for that episode alone could be good.
Old 07-01-03, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I personally think they should have it where its all on a seperate disc, but the disc will either be with the season or getting it seperate. Since its about an hour without commercials, and contains a bunch of extras (a commentary, and a 30 min doc, this being the r 2 version). IF they put all of this and 2 other episodes on the disc, it would look like crap (plus, omwf is 5.1 and the only episode that aired in widescreen)
Old 07-01-03, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I seriously hated that episode. Basically I hated it so much I never quite like the Buffy show since.

People seem to like this piece of crap too much. Only 2-3 of the people were semi-decent singers. Others shouldn' tbe allowed to ever sing again. Half the time, it was impossible to figure out what they were saying.

How about this: Season 6 without the episode in it would make a better box set.
Old 07-02-03, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Season 1 = Good.
Season 2 = First half good, second half excellent.
Season 3 = Pure genius.
Season 4 = Completely ruined by initiative subplot.
Season 5 = First half ruined as Riley is still present, great second half and one hell of a finale.
Season 6 = In my mind, right behind Season 3 and 5 in terms of greatness. The dark tone was perfect and made it almost perfect with a few bad episodes in between (shall I say Normal Again?).
Season 7 = Started out with a bang, then was just boring with a few good stand-alone episodes (Storyteller), then finally picked up with the last 5 episodes, but the finale was nowhere near as good as the ones during Season 2, 3, 5, or 6.

I honestly don't give a crap if Once More, With Feeling is given a seperate release. I have the CD ($14.88 at Wal-Mart) and I'll buy the Season 6 boxset (which should have the episode and the extras described by Doughboy).

IF they put all of this and 2 other episodes on the disc, it would look like crap (plus, omwf is 5.1 and the only episode that aired in widescreen)
Actually, the video reviews of the Season 6 set in R2/R4 have been pretty damn positive. And in R2/R4, all the episodes are in anamorphic widescreen. In R1, if the current trend keeps up, all the episodes WITH THE EXCEPTION of OMWF will be presented in full screen (Whedon's prefered AR).
Old 07-02-03, 06:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: who wants "Once More With Feeling" (buffy) seperate from season 6 set?

Originally posted by Rypro 525
Most fans will agree that season 6 sucked. But by far, the standout episode was "Once More With Feeling" which was the musical episode.
Gotta disagree with that statement on so many levels. My intro to the show was Season 1, episode 1, and watched in order Season 4 is by far the weakest of the seasons. The Initiative and Adam were all poor results of not knowing what to do as Buffy went off to college. It's amazing they were able to salvage the show.

Season 6 was one of the best, IMHO. It was the season where the characters actually became adults and actually dealt with real, non superficial personal problems.
Old 07-02-03, 07:11 AM
Banned

I never understood the obsession of Buffy. The show is so far fetched I just couldn't ever get into it. Maybe one of the 5 best shows on TV, I only watch TV for 3 or 4 shows.
Old 07-02-03, 07:53 AM

Received 164 Likes on 120 Posts
Season 6 was the best season. I also like season 4 a lot. I agree the initiative subplot was awful, but there were a lot of good things about that season, and several very good episodes - "Hush", "Pangs", "Something Blue", "Superstar", and "Restless" to name just the outstanding ones.

I know a lot of people don't like season 6 at all, but to me it was the logical conclusion of all the various character plotlines that had been developing since the season began. The way the Buffy, Willow, and Xander all dealt with the changes in their lives as they became adults may have been exaggerated (that's the nature of the show), but whether people like it or want to accept it, were true to their characters.
Old 07-02-03, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally posted by lesterlong
I never understood the obsession of Buffy. The show is so far fetched I just couldn't ever get into it. Maybe one of the 5 best shows on TV, I only watch TV for 3 or 4 shows.
Yeah, it's far fetched, but that's kinda the point of the show Besides, do you like The Matrix or The Terminator or Army Of Darkness? Some of the best stuff comes from the realm of being far fetched. I didn't really quite grasp why the show was so good and all. I never watched it on television. All I could really think of in my head was 'Sarah Michelle Gellar is hot, but, you can't replace the Buffy from the movie 'n all, it won't do very good at all, just because it's just a dumb series based on a movie, and its on the WB so it's prolly just for chicks...'
Meh, started watching Season 1 when it came out on DVD, and to my surprise... it wasn't that bad. And as I kept watching, it was pretty damn cool. Got me hooked. Season 2 then came out...and I couldn't believe it...and then season 3... wow. Like, each season it just kept seeming to make everybody more miserable...the tone of the show constantly kept getting darker, I was taken by surprise. For just a TV show it certainly has a lot of great elements. Season 4 so far wasn't as impressive as season 3 but I wouldn't say it's a bad season.. I would just say that it's average. They could have done more with it. But man, start watching this series and after watching all of seasons 1 and 2 you don't like it, then I'll eat my **hat

**disclaimer--will not actually eat my hat
Old 07-02-03, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Season sets for me.
Old 07-02-03, 10:35 AM

Another vote against a seperate release for the musical episode. I want the whole collection.
Old 07-02-03, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm fine with it in the season 6 set, but...
If ME could have a tricked out, fully packed SE in stores tomorrow, I'd buy it in a heartbeat, and buy the season 6 set next year. I just don't want to have to wait, and my VHS is becoming a bit tattered.
Old 07-02-03, 10:59 AM

Well it SHOULD be in the season set, but a seperate release would be cool too. Season 6 is what made me lose my rabid love for Buffy (I still watched it, but it was hard for me to connect with the characters anymore, what with Joss altering them like they were so much clay) They could even do a neat cd/DVD with a poster inside sort of dealy.
Old 07-02-03, 02:00 PM

Most fans will agree that season 6 sucked.
I don't think the people you got this from are really "fans" of the show then. I think they lied to you.

As a real fan of the show I will say that every season was good and I enjoyed the series from start to finish.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.