DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   more House of 1000 Corpses information (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/300220-more-house-1000-corpses-information.html)

LiquidSky 06-23-03 07:50 AM

Originally posted by cultshock
Arrgghh, Ellis and Avary recorded commentary tracks for Rules of Attraction and instead LG gave us Carrot Top??? I would especially love to hear Ellis' thoughts on the film.
That really ****ing pisses me off. Who in their right mind would want to listen to an audio commentary by Carrot Top? WHY did he do a commentary for this film? He was not even in it! What's next? Tara Reid and Paris Hilton doing a commentary for "East of Eden"?

Julie Walker 06-23-03 01:11 PM

Actually it was Avarys idea to have Carrot Top record a commentary!

He thought it would be a funny & interesting 'experiment'. To see how someone who knew nothing about the film would react to it.

I only sampled a few scenes here & there. Only laughed once(the scene with the drug dealer at the starting was pretty funny actually). Yet the rest was just 'bleh' & he was very annoying & not funny at all. So i would not waste my time hearing the entire thing.

Anyway you can blame LG for not releasing the uncut version with Avary/Ellis commentary. He was planning to release both versions either as a 2 disc set,or individually. Yet LG went ahead with the dvd without his consent..& released the R version only.

Yet i'm sure once Glamorama is released. will try to cash in on that with a uncut Rules dvd.

DVDProfessor 06-23-03 03:26 PM

Okay, here we go

This IS getting silly. Obviously DVDProfesor knows the uncut version exists/existed and he is simply trying to argue in order to get a rise out of people (either that or he simply is incredibly uninformed about the subject he has chosen to be so vocal on). Drop it. It exists. Rob Zombie originally filmed it that way and tried to get it released, therefore it must be authorized.
Now lets go back to bitching and whining about the “real” version not being released on DVD
Okay, are you Rob Zombie? I don't think so, if there is an uncut version of this film why would he go through so much to personally put this DVD together? Why would he do a commentary on the rated version? Why would he reassemble the cast together to shoot stuff for the menus?.

The fact of the matter is, that I DO know what I'm talking about. I've read in two completely different places (DavisDVD & Video Store Magazine) that Zombie was quoted that an uncut version does NOT EXIST.

the argument over the existence of an uncut version of this film is getting ridiculous. there IS a longer version, it is the version zombie tried to get released and finally had to edit down, it IS available out there if you know where to look, any horror convention will have it (the Monster Bash in Butler PA had it this weekend) but i wasnt going to shell out the 25 bucks for it. i mention this solely for the purpose of hard evidence of its existence.

for whatever reason, Rob Zombie has backed down yet again from getting this released uncut, understandable for the theatrical release, puzzling for the DVD release but it is NOT because of nonexistent source material.
If you didn't shell out 25 dollars how the hell do you know that wasn't just the R rated version with a unrated tag on it to sell it? And mean come on you people need to stop and think about these things. Do you really think that people at horror conventions aren't liars? I've gotten scammed before at things like that, they could be liars!

P.S.: JULIE WALKER this is why I'm calling you a man http://community-2.webtv.net/Dangero...age/page6.html

Numanoid 06-23-03 03:36 PM

Originally posted by DVDProfessor
P.S.: JULIE WALKER this is why I'm calling you a man http://community-2.webtv.net/Dangero...age/page6.html
-ohbfrank- Give it a rest.

Mox 06-23-03 03:43 PM

Ditto to Numanoid!!!

and LionsGate, you lost a customer who was dying to get his hands on that DVD untill I read "no uncut version". Shame on you! I'll wait for the eventual unrated re-release!

DeputyDave 06-23-03 03:50 PM

Why am I getting "From Justin to Kelly" thread flashbacks? DVDProfessor... I just don't know what to say. You obviously have no idea of the controversy that surrounded the making of this film.

I'm just going to restate my position: I will not buy this until the uncut version is finally released.

Julie Walker 06-23-03 03:55 PM

Well it's obvious the guy is just looking to start trouble with pure igorance on all issues.

Better to just ignore him now since he appears to not know anything.

As for the 'man' issue. Umm it's called humor. I take it you did not see Austin Powers? Anyway just so you know. I made sure to not 'hide' who i was..& when i first started being myself. I made sure to have pics of before & after. Which is more than i can say about some people who try to ignore their past.

DVDProfessor 06-24-03 09:14 PM

Okay...

You obviously have no idea of the controversy that surrounded the making of this film.
I know all about the controversy surrounding the making of this film, I understand the whole concept of the scenes cut, the fact of the matter is that Rob Zombie would not go out of his way to make this DVD super special if he was upset with Lions Gate.

Well it's obvious the guy is just looking to start trouble with pure igorance on all issues.

Better to just ignore him now since he appears to not know anything.
No, I'm not looking to start trouble, and I do know a lot, a whole lot. Apparently I'm the only one who knows how to read. He has been quoted TWICE that it doesn't exist. The scenes probably do exist, but as a whole film it doesn't exist

Which is more than i can say about some people who try to ignore their past.
What the hell are you talking about?

Static Cling 06-25-03 12:11 PM

This is definitely not the thread for the mister/ma'am debate.

Also, the back-and-forth "You don't know what you're talking about," "No, YOU don't know what you're talking about" antagonism needs to stop. If you think someone's mistaken, politely point out what you think they're mistaken about... don't just call them ignorant.

Alien Redrum 06-25-03 02:04 PM

The DVD, for which Rob promises “a lot more violence,” will be uncut.
http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/feature.php?feature=719

When did Zombie change his mind?

ChrisHicks 06-25-03 03:17 PM

here is a few links I dug up that talks about the film:

http://www.creature-corner.com/news3...llmoseley.php3

http://www.creature-corner.com/inter...robzombie.php3

and here is 1 where it mentions the Unrated cut:

http://www.creature-corner.com/news2/aug29house.php3

Dr. DVD 06-25-03 08:44 PM

What does Carrot Top have to do with Rules of Attraction and how exactly is he an expert?

djtoell 06-26-03 12:30 AM

Originally posted by Dr. DVD
What does Carrot Top have to do with Rules of Attraction and how exactly is he an expert?
He's got nothing to do with the film and isn't an expert at all; he clearly hadn't even seen the film before recording his commentary. That's the point. It's just a bit of absurd humor from Avary.

DJ

TomOpus 07-18-03 10:14 PM

Okay, wasn't sure which "House of 1000 Corpses" thread to put this but this one seemed the most recent.

I just got back from the San Diego Comic-Con. I attended a panel with Rob Zombie and the cast of the movie. Here is what came out of his mouth when asked about the upcoming DVD and in the future...

1) The DVD coming out has been finished and probably shipped. He said it was the same as the theatrical version. He said in the future he wants to add the excised scenes back into the movie. He didn't want to release it with the cut scenes as extras on the DVD. He said it would involve having to re-score the soundtrack and edit the sound effects. He just didn't have the time because he's started working on the sequel. It was choice between one or the other and he chose to work on the sequel.

He said he didn't want to the DVD to be barebones, knowing he will be releasing the unedited movie later, so there will be lots of cool extras. He said the menus will be interactive. Plus there will be hidden stuff.

2) On the sequel, he didn't want to give much info. He did say it will involve more of the "bad guys" and how they turn on each other. He said Lion's Gate is releasing it, so there's not the same distribution problem.

Julie Walker 07-18-03 11:29 PM

Awsome news!!

At least this confirms a uncut version will be released down the line...& the cuts are not 'small' like some people have stated,but large.

I may pick up the current dvd. Since the wait for a unrated version may be awhile...& it'll be interesting to compare & say "Holy ****!!" once i see just how much was missing & what a difference it makes:)

+ The fact that Rob put effort into the dvd is reason enough alone to purchase it. Usually i avoid edited releases. Yet in some special cases i will purchase both,if only to have some before & after comparison proof for those who think unrated is always a marking gimmick with little to know difference at all.

Yet since that is costly. I usually go with unrated only 99.9% of the time. Now if they started releasing both versions in the same set. It'd save quite a hassle & of course the only dvds i have both versions to,are the ones that included both in the same set/disc.

LivingINClip 07-19-03 11:49 AM

I don't think you can argue the fact that there is an uncut version. Zombie had said a lot of times before, that it was heavily edited for its public release. Now it seems as though they are backtracking - saying there is no uncut release, that way people will go ahead and buy the cut version.

G. Noel Gross 07-19-03 02:23 PM

Originally posted by Julie Walker
+ The fact that Rob put effort into the dvd is reason enough alone to purchase it.
I agree in this case. I was poking through it last night. Fantastic disc. Sid Haig (Capt'n Spaulding) cusses you out at the menu. Lots of fun. Really lessens the sting of not getting the deleted scenes just yet. I'll definitely rate the disc highly in my next column.

DVDProfessor 07-19-03 11:23 PM

Originally posted by Julie Walker
Awsome news!!

At least this confirms a uncut version will be released down the line...& the cuts are not 'small' like some people have stated,but large.

I may pick up the current dvd. Since the wait for a unrated version may be awhile...& it'll be interesting to compare & say "Holy ****!!" once i see just how much was missing & what a difference it makes:)

+ The fact that Rob put effort into the dvd is reason enough alone to purchase it. Usually i avoid edited releases. Yet in some special cases i will purchase both,if only to have some before & after comparison proof for those who think unrated is always a marking gimmick with little to know difference at all.

Yet since that is costly. I usually go with unrated only 99.9% of the time. Now if they started releasing both versions in the same set. It'd save quite a hassle & of course the only dvds i have both versions to,are the ones that included both in the same set/disc.

Okay, I'm back, I agree that Zombie said it will come (I never said it wouldn't come) but, with the simple fact that he said he would have to score the scenes means that there is no uncut version intact, but the deleted scenes.

Julie Walker, you are a hypacrit, you said you wouldn't buy the version if you knew of an uncut version coming later.

Julie Walker 07-19-03 11:40 PM

Well this was a special case. Originaly when announced that both versions would be released at the same time. I was thinking of picking up both versions(which i never do,unless it's on the same release/disc). So once it was announced that it would be R rated only. I was at a loss of what to do? Boycott or give in?

Now had it been completely bare bones. I would have avoided at all costs. Yet since Ro did put some effort into the release despite it being cut. Well does'nt the man deserve some credit..rather than stubbornly refusing to purchase it?

Not to mention. The uncut version will most likely not have a commentary,unless Rob decides to do another one. It may have other features though. Heck the uncut dvd may not even include the trailers that are on the upcoming release. Since there were i don't know how many of them,from the old Universal teasers,to the current LG ones. So thats another reason for purchasing.

+ I want the whole experiance/history of the film so to speak. The bastardized cut version & the depraved uncut version. Usually i don't bother with this(would'nt waste $$ with both versions of American Pie for example). Yet considering the history of the film & the long road to the screen. I don't think it would be complete without all the known material available on the film & that includes the cut version.

Now had LG refused to release the dvd at all,expect in R rated only with no extras at all & a high price. I would then avoid it like the plague. Yet Robs a cool guy & deserves some respect. So this is one case where i will gladly put my money down for both versions.

Venom 07-20-03 10:43 PM

well i've been really debating to cancel my pre-order. esp now that we can be certain there will be a UR release. but i did like what i saw in the theaters and the extras seem cool. and buying it will show support for his sequal. but then i could substitue irreversible and not have to worry about spending more on a second release. sigh. choices choices.

Julie Walker 08-01-03 08:13 PM

Deleted scene uncovered!

I found this post over at the imdb.com board from someone who claims to have seen the uncut version.

Okay,
First, my friend saw the UNCUT test screenings in early 2001, and he said that in the movie,
Spoiler:
right after Mother Firefly says Her last line before they eat dinner, Jerry said that he has to go the the bathroom. Jerry goes to a bathroom, that has yellow tile and dead roses in the corner, but little does he know, there is a bathtub full of blood and body parts! When Jerry gets done pissin', Mother Firefly walks in, and starts to seduce him. She pushes him on the toilet seat and starts stripping, and then gets jerry and Mother to start having sex on the toilet seat. they cut to the living room where denis wonders whats taking jerry so long. Mother and Jerry start getting rough and Mother starts moaning. They cut to the living room where the moans are distant, but can be heard. baby smiles , and bill says he should go check out whats taking jerry long, but baby stands up and asks bill to help her in her room. Mary gets angry and yells at Baby, but bill says its ok. They cut back to the bathroom where jerry and Mother are getting INTO it Really rough, and they cut to Otis doing some "work" on a cheerleader and hearing Mother start having an O. They cut to Baby's room for the first time, and baby asks bill his thoughts. bill says not to play around, and baby grabs his junk, but bill turns away and asks whats wrong with her and he's not available. baby gets mad and takes bill bakc down to the living room. Cut to Jerry trying not to say anything during sex, while Mother is having a number of O's, and jerry lets out a moan. Denise gets fed up and goes to the bathroom, and knock on the door. Cut back and jerry finally c's, and mother frenches him and runs out through another door. Denise kicks open the bathroom door, to see jerry zippering his pants and then says that dinner is just about ready now, as denise stares at him angrily. My friend said that this scene lead to the good couple comment during the ritual.

mikewendt 08-01-03 08:43 PM

WOW! That scene sounds cool. I hope we all eventually get to see it.

I also will be picking up both copies of this... Gotta show the support.

mikewendt 08-02-03 07:36 AM

Does anyone know what cover art is going to be used? If so could you post a shot of it? Thanks.

darqleo 08-02-03 11:03 AM

As of 07.29.2003, Rob Zombie has said :

"It used to be everyone [would ask], 'When's the movie coming out?' " Zombie said with a laugh. "We answered that question, so now it's, 'When's the unrated movie coming out?' That's all anyone cares about. You just can't give these kids enough blood!"

"[The answer is] it doesn’t exist yet," he explained. "I have to create it. Then it will be ready to come out."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/147...mbie_rob.jhtml

Samuel 08-03-03 10:39 AM

There's a great article in Fangoria this month about House of 1000 Corpses and and interview with Mr. Zombie on the details of the dvd. He talks about how eventually he'd like to put the uncut version onto DVD but that he's pleased with all the features on the upcoming dvd. There's commentary, featurettes and the usual but the best thing he says are the menus. He got the major charachters back in make-up and filmed scenes just for the DVD and supposedly as you toggle bertween menu screens Dr. Satan, Otis,Captain Spaulding, Baby; etc will talk to you for 10 minutes or so.

Who's your daddy?