Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Eddie Izzard: Glorious canceled :(

Eddie Izzard: Glorious canceled :(

Old 09-23-03, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by RoQuEr
Has anyone seen him live? I think it would be interesting to see him consecutive nights, since he doesn't have a "routine", he just says whatever he feels like saying that particular night. Thats why you see a few long pauses in dressed to kill. He's figuring out what to say.
I saw him on the Circle Tour a few year's back (and am going to see him on the SEXIE tour in November . . . 10th row!!! ) and he definitely goes on spur-of-the moment tangents. The best way to see this is to compare his DVD's/Videos to the CD's of his shows. Although they come from the same tours, they are quite obviously from different performances. The main themes and key jokes of the show stay the same, but there are entire sections of the routine that are different between the video and the audio versions.

His mind is incredible.

Anyway . . . very excited about Circle . . . borderline depressed about Glorious . . . I guess the VHS copies of Glorious, Definite Article, and Unrepeatable will have to do for now . . . but they will only hold up for so long . . .