Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Where are the DIE ANOTHER DAY deleted scenes?

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-03, 10:43 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Apparently there were some shot, including Bond flying into England on the wheels of a plane. Any reason why these weren't included on the disks? That annoyed me
Old 06-16-03, 11:29 AM
Rest in Peace

See the Sixth Sense where M. Night Shalamon showed us he had to cut good footage, for it showed the boys capability of finding things left by the deceased to early in the film. He said in directors school he would have delete things and move on.

If your asking why a simple no nudity scene was deleted, it was by the director while viewing what was shot, it's the directors choice of how the movie is to be.
Old 06-16-03, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
There was a scene filmed with Sean Connery as Bond's father that was because, since Bond is an orphan. It would still be nice to see.
Old 06-16-03, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Where are the DIE ANOTHER DAY deleted scenes?

Originally posted by whynotsmile
Apparently there were some shot, including Bond flying into England on the wheels of a plane. Any reason why these weren't included on the disks? That annoyed me
Taken from the dvdfile interview with the discs producers:

Was there anything you really wanted to include that you weren't able to?

Deleted scenes. (laughs) That was kind of a bummer. Even though they aren't fully finished, there was some green stuff, such as a scene where Bond is on a British Airways jet coming into London. What you don't see in the film is that he actually exits the plane from the landing gear, and all that stuff was shot but never finished. So I think that Eon felt then why include it on the disc? But as a fan, I don't care if isn't finished; I just want to see it.

So, things like that, deleted scenes or any abandoned sequences that were worked on early and dropped. There was another sequence early on where Bond is reunited with Wai-Lin, Michelle Yeoh's character from Tomorrow Never Dies. We had storyboards from that, but I think maybe things like that they don't want to let out just yet or that they want to save for another movie.

...basically the discs producer put everything he was given onto the disc, but the owner of the bond license basically didn't think the dvd needed deleted scenes.
Old 06-17-03, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There are so many references to delted scenes in the commentary that it would have nice to have seen them in ANY form.

I wouldn't mind if the good folks at EON put out a Bonus disk with outtakes, more deleted scenes and various other extras of all the Bond movies. I'm sure they have enough footage.