Community
Search

Rock and Rule Finally?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-03, 07:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rock and Rule Finally?

http://www.unearthedfilms.com/news.htm

Is this true? I really want this movie to be on DVD. Does anyone have more information?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit More info:

Look at what the cat dragged in. Rock and Rule baby! All I have to say is AMAZING! A cult animation classic like no other. Rock and Rule has been out of print since 1985 when it was released on video format. The release was small and the price tag was expensive so it never enjoyed the release it should have received. Well, we plan on giving it the full treatment. Fully restored, anamorphic, 5.1 surround sound and enough extra's to make your head spin. We also picked up the 28 minute animated special Devil & Daniel Mouse where the actual story and characters came from. We're tracking down the director for an audio commentary for the DVD which should make the DVD a wonderful viewing experience.

What? What did you say? What is it about? Oh almost forgot, sorry. Sometimes I get ahead of myself. The story is about Angel, a member of a punk rock band in the apocalyptic future. She is kidnapped by Mok, a legendary superocker that's a cross between David Bowie and Alice Cooper. Mok dabbles in the satanic supernatural and he is trying to unleash a demon to destroy the world. To do this Mok needs Angel's voice to summon the demon from another dimension. Angel's boyfriend and her friends in the band are desperately trying to save her from Mok's evil clutches. That's all I can say without spoiling it for you. The animation is tight and some say it's even better then Heavy Metal. An awesome cult classic that we are very proud to release. This is the 1st film in our Red Blood Cel line. We hope you enjoy it and stay tuned for more from Red Blood Cel.

Oh I almost forgot. For you die hard Rock and Rule fans out there. Don't miss the Limited Double Disc Set we will be releasing at the same time. This limited DVD set will have both versions of Rock and Rule on it. The rare Canadian version with extra scenes and alternate voices.
Coming Late 2003/Early 2004

Last edited by MaDJoE; 06-14-03 at 07:40 PM.
Old 06-14-03, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts
If this is true, I'm there : )
I think RnR would benefit so much from a 5.1 mix, and I actually liked it better than Heavy Metal. I lucked into finding the VHS at a Turtles Tent Sale about fifteen years ago, but would love it on DVD.

She can sing or she can SCREAM!......but she still pissed me off.
Old 06-15-03, 06:42 AM

My name is Mok, thanks a lot... I actually picked up the laserdisc for cheap a while ago at a store in San Francisco. Still a DVD with alternate versions and other goodies would be great...
Old 06-15-03, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
I hope it includes the promo music video for "My Name Is Mok" that I saw on Night Flight years ago. That alone would be worth the price for me.
Old 06-15-03, 09:00 PM

I love this film... I know several people who are waiting for this one... If anybody finds out more I wanna know.
Old 06-15-03, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Oh, it better be true, and on schedule. This one is a favorite of mine. One of the most fun films to watch and artistically cool as well, with a great soundtrack.
Old 08-29-03, 04:28 PM

New update

They have a small update on their site now. No release date yet but cool info still.

"Waiting on more extras for the release of Rock and Rule. We find more exciting stuff everywhere we look. We obtained a copy of the Making of R&R and some actual music videos that were being run on MTV when the film was initially released. Searching for better copies of them since the only version we have in our possession is a dupe from a video made back in 1984. A little scratchy but it gives us more to hunt for. More information will be released in the coming months."

http://www.unearthedfilms.com/news.htm
Old 08-29-03, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Cool. One thing they could put on there that would be awesome is a clip, hosted by Leonard Nimoy from an old 1983-era Nickelodeon show called "Lights, Camera, Action" about the making of Rock N Rule. It was very entertaining and surprisingly in-depth.
Old 08-29-03, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: New update

Originally posted by MaDJoE
They have a small update on their site now. No release date yet but cool info still.
-sigh-
Old 08-30-03, 04:07 AM

drug the girl, and wire her to the circuit board.
Old 08-30-03, 12:17 PM

I bought your last album... my gerbil uses it for a room divider!

Anybody hear anything more about this one... I love this movie!