Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Double Feature DVD "Crawling Eye" - Good/Bad?

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-03, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've seen this flick and liked it, but am unwilling to part with $20 for B movie like this. But, being both tight with my bucks and innovative, I found a double feature DVD with The Crawling Eye (TCE) and Attack of the Killer Shrews.

Now, I care ZERO about the shrew movie, but if anyone has any experience with this copy of TCE, could you let me know if it's at least watchable? I'm afraid I don't know the distributor, but clearly it's a no-name firm.

Appeciate any help.
Old 06-13-03, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sorry, I can't help you with the double-bill DVD, but I can say that the Image DVD is worth every penny (and can probably found for around $17 if you use the price search sites and/or wait for a coupon).

The Image version is the best I've ever seen the film look and I've been a fan of it for some 30 years now!
Old 06-13-03, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, the Image DVD (which the packaging calls "The Crawling Eye" but the film has the original titles "The Trollenberg Terror") is fantastic. If I were you, I'd stay away from the cheap one, put away 25 cents each day until you have enough to buy the Image disc.
Old 06-13-03, 02:56 PM
Rest in Peace

Hey guys your forgetting something real pretty

Natural Beauty Actress Janet Munro was in this 1957 movie. Yo

P.S. I seen Janet Munro in "Swiss Family Robinson" and "Darby O' Gill and the little people". She and a young Sean Connery sung their versions of She/He is my dear and darlng one, his/her eyes are sparkling and full of fun, no other, no other, could match the likes of him/her.
Natural beauty and eyes of a child and a woman, danol has a crush on Janet.

Even the crawling eye wanted to join with her (vger wants to 'join' with the creator~ST:TMP), the eye sent telepathic mesages to her on a train to stop at village of Trolinburg. Scientists seen white clouds that moved up and down the mountain, but had no clue as to why.
Old 06-13-03, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The DVD you're referring to is a Madacy release and the quality of their discs (print/transfer) aren't very good. I own a Madacy double feature disc and it's only because it's the only version of the movie available on DVD (Track of the Vampire). Once it comes out from another studio I'm probably going to deep six the Madacy version.
Old 06-13-03, 05:42 PM
Rest in Peace

Thanks I don't want a mad acidity chaser whose visa versa is having a mad beer and chasing it down with LSD acidity LOL

Sorry I coudn't help seeing a resemblace it's part of my danol training, thinking granma got run down by a rained ear.

I'll wait for a better image of Janet Munro, I have her in the DVD Swiss Family Robinson dressed as a cabin boy but when the hat came off those eyes were totally female. James Mcarthurs love interest and Tommy Kirks infatuation and danols crush what a bunch we would have made. Yo

Come on mad ass a titty, give it to somone that will dod a good job and while your at give us a 2 disc remaster of the 1960 Darby O' Gill.
Old 06-13-03, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
The only thing a Madacy DVD is good for is to make you appreciate the quality of VHS.
Avoid at all costs, and go for the Image.
Old 06-14-03, 03:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by danol
I'll wait for a better image of Janet Munro [...]
Come on mad ass a titty, give it to somone that will dod a good job
danol, like we've said, there already IS an outstanding DVD of The Crawling Eye from Image Entertainment (catalog number ID8701CODVD).

You also had better pick up a copy of The Day the Earth Caught Fire if you haven't already. I think you'd appreciate the revealing pictures of Janet Munro in the gallery section. (The movie is excellent too.)
Old 06-14-03, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Since this has turned into a Janet Munro Appreciation Page, let me second that she does look stunning in DAY THE EARTH CAUGHT FIRE and it IS a terrific movie.

Even back when I was an 8 year old boy catching THE CRAWLING EYE on TV for the first time, my heart skipped a beat when Ms. Munro first appeared on screen. Could that be why this movie quickly became on of my all-time fave 50's monster movies? Nah!