Search

The Storyteller - Finally Coming?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-03, 11:19 AM
Deb
Suspended Pending Vaild Email

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Storyteller - Finally Coming?

Just saw on TheDigitalBits this morning, the Storyteller series is finally coming. Anyone know how realiable they are before I get myself too excited?

"6/4/03

Columbia TriStar has announced a slate of new releases for 8/26. Look for Levity, Raising Victor Vargas, El Mariachi: Special Edition, Desperado: Special Edition, a 2-pack of the El Mariachi and Desperado SEs, Bingo, Mute Witness, Snowboard Academy, The Best of Ripley's Believe It or Not, The Devil Commands, The Story Teller Collection and John Denver and the Muppets: A Rocky Mountain Holiday."
Old 06-06-03, 12:05 PM

The "Storyteller Collection" was also mentioned on www.davisdvd.com .

But better yet, the maintainer of MuppetCentral.com, one of the leading Muppet fansites, says he's confirmed with Columbia that yes, a "Storyteller" DVD really is coming although no one knows how many or which episodes it will contain.

http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showt...?threadid=8034

"Phillip Chapman, Muppet Central Webmaster: Just wanted to confirm that these releases are definitely happening. A little more info is that the [John Denver and the Muppets] Rocky Mountain Holiday DVD has a suggested retail price of $12.95 and The Storyteller Collection will sell for $24.95. Don't know yet what Storyteller episodes will be included."

--Scott McGuire
Old 06-06-03, 01:24 PM
Suspended

It would be nice if they could release the StoryTeller episodes in season set DVDs.
Old 06-06-03, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 262 Likes on 184 Posts
Originally posted by Regurgitator
It would be nice if they could release the StoryTeller episodes in season set DVDs.
The show didn't run that long. There were only 8 half-hour episodes of The Storyteller, and 4 episodes of The Storyteller: Greek Myths.
Old 06-07-03, 12:31 PM

What Josh said. What would be nice is if this DVD has them all! (Although they'd need 2 DVDs to not compress them to death...)

--Scott McGuire
Old 06-07-03, 08:13 PM
Deb
Suspended Pending Vaild Email

Thanks for the links guys! Oh man, what would be awesome would be a 2 dvd set, all episodes, including the greek myths. it has been so long since i've seen them. i can't wait!!! this series is the top of my "awaiting dvd release list"!
Old 06-09-03, 01:22 PM

There were actually 9 episodes - they will all be on the DVD. The Greek Myths are not - maybe in the future?
Old 06-09-03, 01:28 PM
Suspended

There's no evidence that the 4 Greek Myths episodes will/won't be in the DVD set. It would make sense if they do add them in. Afterall, it's part of the Storyteller Collection series IMO.
Old 06-09-03, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 262 Likes on 184 Posts
Originally posted by dlavalle
There were actually 9 episodes
You're right, my mistake. I just took another look at my laserdisc inventory:

The Storyteller: Volume 1 - Hans, My Hedgehog / Fearnot (Japanese release)

The Storyteller: Volume 2 - The Soldier and Death / A Short Story (Japanese release)

The Storyteller: Volume 3 - The Luck Child / The Three Ravens (Japanese release)

The Storyteller: Volume 4 - Sapsorrow / The True Bride (Japanese release)

The Storyteller: Volume 5 - The Heartless Giant (Japanese release)

The Storyteller: Greek Myths I - Theseus and the Minotaur / Daedalus and Icarus (Japanese release)

The Storyteller: Greek Myths II - Orpheus and Eurydice / Perseus and Gorgon (Japanese release)