Community
Search

fearless vampire killers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-03, 11:28 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fearless vampire killers

this movie is on r-2 pal...does any one know if usa will get a dvd of fearless vampire killers ..great movie ..and if it will be in 2003
Old 06-06-03, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

No-one knows about a possible R1 release... I created a petition to have the film released on R1 DVD.

Concerning this R2 release: I've been trying to find a review of it online, but have been unsuccessful in my attempts. Can anybody help out?

EDIT: Nevermind. Found what I was looking for! http://207.136.67.23/film/DVDReview/fearlessvampire.htm

Last edited by Tyler_Durden; 06-06-03 at 02:22 AM.
Old 06-06-03, 06:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome to the forum, but - if you are asking a question, use a question mark in your thread titles - it will save you a lot of anger from your fellow DVD Talkers!

Haven't heard a word, but I'd buy it in a flash!
Old 08-10-03, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

A studio rep spoke about this film in a chat last year. They said it would require extensive restoration and at the time they were waiting to see how the big broadway musical production would be received. My understanding is that the musical has closed already, so we may be waiting a while.

Honestly though, this film has a decent enough following that they should have released it on DVD by now. It's not an obscure film.
Old 08-11-03, 01:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 113 Likes on 81 Posts
Yeah and considering the recent releases of Polanski's films both in the U.S. and U.K. and his Academy Award for Best Director you'd think MGM would at least feel some motivation in getting this film released. Meanwhile I'll just make do with the tape I have from when it aired on TCM since according to that review, the Brazilian release isn't all that hot.