Community
Search

Trailer Park Boys season 1 & 2 DVD set

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-03, 08:55 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trailer Park Boys season 1 & 2 DVD set

For those of you who didnt know (I just found out from a commercial on TV), Trailer Park Boys season 1 and 2 come out on DVD today. Has extras like deleted scenes and stuff.

I'm guessing its a Canadian only DVD release because its at Amazon.ca (25% off, plus there is a $5 off coupon floating around) but not Amazon.com.

Those of you who don't know what Trailer Park Boys is, its a danm funny show on the Canadian channel Showcase. Its a "obviously fake" reality TV show that takes place in a Trailer Park. Seems to have a large following on Kazaa too (there all over the place). Season 3 is airing weekly now.
Old 05-27-03, 09:08 PM
Cool New Member

Its also at chapters.ca but its a wopping 0% off and they have none left in stock already.
Old 05-27-03, 09:20 PM

To who have not seen this show, I beg you to make the best blind purchase of your life. If you love laughing your ass off and if swearing does not offend you, well hurry to amazon.ca and order the first 2 season of this hilarious show NOW!!!

http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASI...710082-8609628

For more information about the Trailer Park Boys go to the following link.

http://www.showcase.ca/trailerparkboys/
Old 05-28-03, 03:08 AM
Cool New Member

If you dont want to make the blind buy, download a few from Kazaa and you will be hooked. Thats how I got hooked (who says Kazaa doesnt sell products )

They are sequential so watch them in order.
Old 05-28-03, 05:50 AM

Believe me, these guys are telling the truth. I have been an addict of this show for the past 2 seasons. Watch one episode and you will be hooked. The show is really that funny.

As an aside, I work for Rogers Cable, and 3 weeks ago Bubbles, Julian, and Ricky from the show came by our offices to promote season 3. They were all super nice and very down to earth. It was easily my best day at work ever!!!

By this set blind and you will not be disapointed.
Old 05-28-03, 10:57 AM

I know pirated material is not supposed to be discussed or promoted here, but in the case of the Canadian aired Trailer Park Boys, the creators actually support it. They are in talks with a number of US networks right now but so far there is nothing concrete. Apparently (according to Mike Smith who plays Bubbles), that MTV was interested in the show but they wanted them to tone down the drug use and guns and cut out the swearing. Basically the creators told MTV to go to hell, and well as you see it is still not picked up internationally as of yet.

As the show is only being aired in Canada right now, the only way to check out the episodes is to download a very poor quality version of an episode from your local P2P or to take a leap of faith and buy this set blind. Either way, I think you will be extremely happy in disocvering this show. By the way, anyone have a breakdown of the specs yet?
Old 05-28-03, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Dunno, boys, but I just got my Grade 10.
Old 05-28-03, 01:30 PM

Originally posted by devilpants
LOL. Was it much, much harder then getting your grade 9?

Knock, knock
Old 05-28-03, 03:04 PM

I will buy this DVD once I complete my "Freedom 35" plan. Until then, all my cash is tied up in hydroponics.
Old 05-28-03, 03:36 PM
Cool New Member

Originally posted by devilpants
"Once I get my grade 10 ill be way smater like Julian"
Old 05-28-03, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Stay away from Sam Losco and his greasy hot dogs. My cats have been licking the s**t out of them.
Old 05-28-03, 04:33 PM
Cool New Member

"Who do you think you are, Indionapolis Jones or something"
Old 05-28-03, 04:58 PM

"What am I supposed to do, go down to EI and tell them "Hi there, I've been taking shopping carts from ponds for 19 years, I want my check!" That isnt gonna happen. I haven't even been paying into UI, or EI, whatever the **** they call it nowadays!" ~Bubbles~
Old 05-29-03, 01:07 AM

"Do you know what a sh it rope is? ....It's a rope covered in sh it, that criminals try to hold on to. You see the sh it acts like a lubercant, the tighter you try to hold on, the tighter you pull, the faster you slide down" - - Mr Lahey (of course).
Old 05-29-03, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

"Don't think that you can buy me off with a jar of those delicious things...just leave 'em there on the garbage can then." - Bubbles to Julian
Old 05-30-03, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have never watched a show, but I might buy it or rent it on DVD. Depending on what I think of it, I might start watching the season three episodes.
Old 05-30-03, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I ordered this from DVDSoon yesterday....never heard of it but I am always interested in comedy tv from other countries since I despise 98% of American sitcoms....
Old 05-30-03, 10:05 AM

For those that have never seen an episode, make sure you watch at least three before you pass judgement. After watching one episode, I thought it was dumb. After the second, I thought it was even worse. By the middle of the third, I was a hard core fan. After going back to watch the first episodes again, I can't understand why I was not rolling on the floor from the beginning.

Garmonbozia - if you despise run of the mill comedies, you are guaranteed to love this show - it is about as far away from normal that you can ever hope for.
Old 05-30-03, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Got a tape of Season Three (first five episodes) from my brother-in-law and the best was the illegal gas station. Ricky defending himself in court was classic stuff.
I also liked the
Spoiler:
topless fight between Ricky and Randy that culminated in them falling into the pool filled with vodka.
Old 05-30-03, 02:11 PM

Again, this is the funniest show on TV in any country in my opinion. Now I know I am a fairly new member and have not posted as much as some of the others around here, but I cannot tout this DVD set high enough. Here are some of the things you can be prepared for:

Season 1 and 2 (Total of 13 episodes that are approx 20+ min in length each).

A ton of special features including outtakes, deleted scenes, easter eggs and commentaries.

Again, to you that have not seen this show, I willing to bet that this could be the best blind purchase of all time. I am serious.
Old 05-30-03, 04:33 PM
Cool New Member

Mine shipped today, can't wait.

And yes, Canadian Comedy has always been great. Think, Jim Carey, Mike Myers, Jon Candy, SCTV, Kids in the Hall, a crap load of big shots people from SNL.... the list goes on, Canada has great commedians and talent.
I could swear if Monty Python were Canadian if they didnt have british accents they .
Old 06-05-03, 07:18 AM
Cool New Member

you idiots have loaded up a hair triggered double barrel sh t machine gun and the barrel is pointed straight at your own heads.

love this show, just received my order from amazon.ca. bonus material is very funny
Old 06-05-03, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just got mine today from DVDSoon. Can't wait to watch some of these after TAR4 tonight!

I hate the packaging by the way.....both discs 2 and 3 were shaking around in the case, but they appear to be basically undamaged.

Then again discs 2 and 3 of my Black Hawk Down:SE were scratched all to hell and they weren't even loose in the case......sometimes I get the feeling that people kick these things across the floor of the manufacturing plant and then still put them in the cases.