Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

What T2 version should I get?

Old 05-23-03, 08:26 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know the original SE release of T2 was great. The casing, the audio/video and a crap load of special features

Think I should get this or wait for the new Extreme DVD? ANyone see a comparison review of the versions?

I honestly care about extra features more than slightly improved visuals. But the new commentary track seems pretty cool. Think its worth getting the soon-to-be-released-version?

THoughts?

Hey by the way, this board is great. I've been lurking here for quite a while, and This place has been extremly helpful and informative. Its nice not to see a single flame on a message board.

Thanks
Old 05-23-03, 08:43 PM

Another T-2, Ehhhhh!!!

I dunno, I also have the Metal Slip Case, prior "Ultimare Edition" of T-2 and have always been pleased with it. I think I will sit this one out, and wait for the next release of T-2, which at the rate they are going, should be in about 24 months, I think the rumor is it will be the, "Not only Ultimate, Not only Extreme, but the only Authorized Super Duper James Cameron need more Ca$h Version"

Artisan needs to make better movies, not release 18 versions of 10 year old movies, they were lucky enough to release.

Just my 2 cents,

KC-Philly
Old 05-23-03, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just finished watching a rental of The Shaft, a pretty cheesy (see Mike Long's review) B "horror" movie. The DVD was released by Artisan in pan 'n' scam only.

If I had liked the movie, I wouldn't bother buying the craptacular Artisan release. Nope, I had already discovered a region 2 German release in its proper OAR of 2.35:1.

Artisan sucks monkey butt. I won't be buying T2 yet again.
Old 05-23-03, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Get the new one.
Old 05-23-03, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Welcome, whynotsmile!!

To answer your question, both...if you can swing it. They both have some good stuff on them.

From what I understand if you have to have only one and care more about the supplements, get the UE. It is missing the Cameron commentary but the EE has only that and a couple of short featurettes along with only one version of the film (2 if you play it on the computer). The UE had 3 long docs, a comprehensive commentary, deleted scenes and 3 versions of the film. UE wins the supplement battle hands down.
Old 05-24-03, 01:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ultimate Edition all the way!
Old 05-24-03, 06:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

UE also has DD EX and DTS ES. EE has only DD EX (if you care about that sort of thing). Some would disagree however I think most would pick the UE over the EE if they had to choose one. It is by far a more comprehensive release that the EE supplement-wise.

Other than Artisan milking the title for more $$$, I think the main reason for this release is to get the experimental Microsoft HD version out there. Gates seems to have some interest in taking over yet another market.