Question regarding "Stephen King's IT" ?

Old 05-12-03, 10:13 PM

Question regarding "Stephen King's IT" ?

Hi!...

I just recieve as a birthday gift from my brother and it was "Stephen King's IT"

One of my favorite movie from that author...

the thing is when I entered it in my DVDprofiler, I noticed that the US version of the DVD is at full frame (1.33) ant the canadian version is anamorphic enhanced for widescreen (1.85)...

and the US version has DD english 3 ch, DD french 3ch and DD spanish 3ch (and no comentary track) and the canadian version has just DD english 2ch (and a comentary track)??

what is 3ch anyway? just Left Center Right ?

The US version is a keep case and the canadian version is a (damn) snapper...

Canadian has the comentary track and is a dual sided flipper disk...

so wich one is better?
Old 05-12-03, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Are you sure you don't have that backwards?

I have the US one, and it's in widescreen (which isn't the OAR, since it's a TV movie) and came in a snapper. I don't know about the Canadian version.
Old 05-12-03, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Question regarding "Stephen King's IT" ?

Canadian version also (ordered from A&B Sound). Dual sided, single layer. 1.85:1 anamorphic. Snapper.

Originally posted by Tha Freak
what is 3ch anyway? just Left Center Right ?
Left, Right and single Rear channel.
Old 05-13-03, 04:41 AM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
It's in an oddly-cropped widescreen in the U.S. version.

There was a very long thread on the problems with this disc (edits, mis-framing, sound glitches, etc.) about three months ago.

Maybe the search button has the answers you seek...

-- Jough
Old 05-13-03, 07:15 AM

The fact that it's 1.33:1, no commentary track and an alternate audio track makes me wonder if it's a pirate disc.... maybe taken from the laserdisc???

To fit that whole thing on a single layer it'd have to be horrible, horrible quality!
Old 05-13-03, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

As people have said, the U.S. and Canada editions are identical in every way (transfer, sound, extras, packaging). It's the same disc. DVDProfiler must have some misinformation.

And, yes, this DVD unfortunately is in the incorrect aspect ratio (cropped 1.85:1, instead of original 1.33:1) and has a couple of minutes edited out from part II, in a lame attempt to remove the opening credits and "fuse" the two halfs together... something that makes NO sense, given that you have to flip the DVD over at that point anyway.

I was definitely looking forward to this one, but I'll stick with my laserdisc. Here's the (lengthy) thread:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=240827