Will we see any new SNL DVD's?

Old 05-12-03, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Will we see any new SNL DVD's?

ETA on SNL DVD's!??!!? I'm thursting for some Will Ferrel SNL and other more classic hits.
Old 05-12-03, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

There's a 5-disc 25th Anniversay Set coming in July.
Old 05-12-03, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

If I'm not mistaken the distrubutor who made the last "best-of" sets no longer have the rights to SNL. I would love a Will Ferrell disc!
Old 05-12-03, 10:37 AM
Suspended

You like this program?

Why is it that this show is so popular? IMHO, it sucks ass. So do all the movies that have come from it. You do get "It's Pat" on DVD in September, so stop whining.
Old 05-12-03, 11:09 AM
Cool New Member

Re: You like this program?

Originally posted by Sosai X
Why is it that this show is so popular? IMHO, it sucks ass. So do all the movies that have come from it. You do get "It's Pat" on DVD in September, so stop whining.
Sure its not really the best show in the world anymore but it is certainly better than MadTV and Will Ferrell could be the funniest cast member that's ever been on the show. Not necessarily saying he's the best guy to ever be on but his type of humor fit the show perfectly and he did Harry Carray better than Harry Carray did (RIP).
Old 05-12-03, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Did this thread ask when It's Pat? is coming out or whether you liked SNL? No. We want to find out when more DVD's for a show that has been on for 25+ years are coming out. So, IMHO, you should refrain from threadcrapping.
Old 05-12-03, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by matome
I would love a Will Ferrell disc!
There's one on the way. From here:
The company will also be behind a host of "Saturday Night Live" releases including a five-disc "Saturday Night Live: 25th Anniversary Collection" on July 15. Will Ferrell, Adam Sandler and Molly Shannon will also get their own "spotlight" releases that same month as well as re-issues of the Time Life Video showcases of Chris Farley, Mike Myers and Dana Carvey.
Old 05-12-03, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Great! Thanks RobCA!
Old 05-13-03, 10:40 AM

The one era of that show that has been consistently ignored (as is, IMO, the funniest by far) was when Billy Crystal, Harry Shearer, Christopher Guest, and Martin Short (among others) made up the bulk of the cast. Best writing and timing that show ever had, and reruns don't even show up.
Old 05-13-03, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks RobCA, excellent news!!!
Old 05-13-03, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I really want season sets of the first 4 seasons.....I would pay dearly for them. Still the best and brightest ever!! And oh what a trip down memory lane it is to watch the 70s cast....
Old 05-13-03, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

If the Will Ferrell dvd is the same as the nbc special, then we will have such famous sketches as "BOC:Behind the music" (I need more cowbell), Celebirty Jeopardy with Burt Renolyds and French Stewart, and a hilarious Harry Carry skit.
Old 05-13-03, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

What about the Best of Phil Hartman, it received a VHS release but no DVD.

Also it would be really nice to have dvds of the original cast, a dvd of all those short films, commercials etc. And I sure wouldn't mind a dvd with just Christpher Walken appearances.

Originally posted by Roy Batty
The one era of that show that has been consistently ignored (as is, IMO, the funniest by far) was when Billy Crystal, Harry Shearer, Christopher Guest, and Martin Short (among others) made up the bulk of the cast. Best writing and timing that show ever had, and reruns don't even show up.
The reason those shows are rarely aired is because Lorne Michaels has the rights to them and they just happen to be the years that he wasn't producing the show.

Last edited by Samuel; 05-13-03 at 10:41 PM.
Old 05-13-03, 10:41 PM

Did somebody piss in your cornflakes or something? Relax dude he was just asking a question, no need to go and threadcrap
Old 05-14-03, 12:14 AM

i would love to own the show with the rock as host (the first time). probably not gonna happen.

the best of will ferrel that was broadcast on tv was a bit weak, IMO. Were the spartans included? I don't remember. There's just so much Will has done... and he was such a trooper. Even if the sketch sucked big time, he still managed to get some laughs. Mostly at him.

"I gotta have my cowbell!"
Old 05-14-03, 04:21 AM
Banned

Originally posted by brizz
I really want season sets of the first 4 seasons.....I would pay dearly for them. Still the best and brightest ever!! And oh what a trip down memory lane it is to watch the 70s cast....
No kidding. I'll second that. Would love to see those first seasons, complete and uncut.
Old 05-14-03, 05:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Roy Batty
I agree that was the 1985-86 season.

I remember to memorable skits Billy Crystal as Sammy Davis Jr on a game show was hilarious and the synchronized swimming in the pool!

Wasn't that the same year that also had Anhony Michael Hall and Robert Downey Jr. ??
Old 05-14-03, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
I would also love a best of Walken. "There rest of the interview will consist of Centaur questions."
Old 05-14-03, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

a 5-disc 25th aniversery set? What's going to be on it? We'll have to wait and see. ...and oh yes... Will Ferrell is the best thing to happen to SNL since the 90-95 cast.
Old 05-15-03, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Rumors are that the 5-disc set is going to be a compilation of the best musical guests/music skits.
Old 05-16-03, 03:16 AM

Originally posted by scott27
Rumors are that the 5-disc set is going to be a compilation of the best musical guests/music skits.
Old 05-16-03, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I hope not!
Old 05-16-03, 02:25 PM

It's a fine show. The current era, since Tina Fey became a head writer, is the best of the shows history. They have lost some deadwood cast members, this is the first time that I have liked every last member of an SNL cast. They are finally starting to get away from a steady diet of "boy's club" comedy. Anyone else here think that the all to short lived sketch-comedy series "She TV" was golden?

Will is great but all too often he was stuck with garbage re-occurring sketches so his leaving was not the loss that it could have been.
Old 05-16-03, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I really enjoy Horacio Sanz. It seems that each era has a great fat man in it.
Old 05-17-03, 06:27 AM

Perhaps this is true - such discs are being released in the UK

Saturday Night Live 25 Years of Music vol 1 and 2
http://www.blackstar.co.uk/video/item/7000000080172
http://www.blackstar.co.uk/video/item/7000000080174

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.