Problem with X-Men 1.5 NOT THE BLACK BAR ONE

Old 05-10-03, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Problem with X-Men 1.5 NOT THE BLACK BAR ONE

I finally got around to watching the second disc of X-Men 1.5 and there is a problem. During the sequences if the volume of sound increases or if the scene gets loud, the video will wash out. Meaning it will get distorted and change color. One time it blinked "unusable signal" on the tv. I hope it's not my receiver. I have a new Toshiba DVD player. The only time I have ever seen it happen is with the 1.5 disc. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 05-10-03, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'll check mine but can you give a more specific place where it happens? Does it always happen at the same place?
Old 05-10-03, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by TomOpus
I'll check mine but can you give a more specific place where it happens? Does it always happen at the same place?

It did it most in the X-Men.com specials. When the actors are talking about the movie and everytime it switched from the actor to the action scene it would skip and wash out with red and green flashes. It only does it for a slit second. It did it during all of the trailers for the film as well. I watched the last half of the movie and it didn't do it. I didn't notice it on anything else I tried either.
Old 05-10-03, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I checked out my disc and didn't experience any problems (not counting the flashes that are intentional). I have a Toshiba SD4800 so you might want to try the disc on another player. Otherwise, if possible, take it back and try another one. Maybe someone else can try theirs too.