Leatherface delayed until January :(

Old 05-09-03, 02:43 PM

Leatherface delayed until January :(

I read on DVD File today that the DVD for Leatherface: Texas Chainsaw Massacre III has been delayed until January because the TCM remake has been delayed until January as well (which is a bad sign, since January is the studio "dump" month).

Oh well, at least it was only delayed, and not cancelled like Hardware.
Old 05-09-03, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

At least it saves me some $$$$$...this year is to expensive as it is if i buy even half of the titles i truely want!

So i can live with it. It's only a few extra months off anyway.
Old 05-11-03, 02:29 AM

is it going to be the unrated cut of the film? right?
Old 05-11-03, 05:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

wait wait wait... back up... Hardware isn't coming to DVD ever?
Old 05-11-03, 12:44 PM
My Generosity Is Legendary

Originally posted by Giles
is it going to be the unrated cut of the film? right?
Of the places that had it up for preorder, some said R but most others said unrated. My guess would be that it was/is the Unrated (but not uncut) version that's out on VHS.
Old 05-11-03, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

New Line knoes the title won't sell if released in it's extensively butchured R form. So it will most likely be the unrated version released on VHS,unless they have more finished footage that can be restored. Most of the extra stuff exists in workprint form anyway. It would be great if they included that as a extra.

+ NL is aware of how horribly they handled the film durring & after filming by not only the MPAA demanding cuts. Yet the studio as well since some morons felt it was to 'gruesome'. So thats why the film turned out the way it did. Yet whatever footage can be restored better be. At least it's better than being stuck with the horrible R version.
Old 05-11-03, 10:06 PM

Too bad - looking forward to this disc.
Old 05-11-03, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Somewhere Hot Scoville Units: 9,999,999 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Re: Leatherface delayed until January :(

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.
I read on DVD File today that the DVD for Leatherface: Texas Chainsaw Massacre III has been delayed until January because the TCM remake has been delayed until January as well (which is a bad sign, since January is the studio "dump" month).. [/B]
Well, at least there will be something to look forward to in January...and I'm obviously not talking about the remake.
Old 05-12-03, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Trigger
wait wait wait... back up... Hardware isn't coming to DVD ever?

Yeah - don't want to hijack, but Hardware is one of those titles I check online stores for at least twice a year to see if its ever been released. Where did you hear this C.H.U.D.?
Old 05-12-03, 04:12 PM

Originally posted by Julie Walker
New Line knoes the title won't sell if released in it's extensively butchured R form. So it will most likely be the unrated version released on VHS,unless they have more finished footage that can be restored. Most of the extra stuff exists in workprint form anyway. It would be great if they included that as a extra.

+ NL is aware of how horribly they handled the film durring & after filming by not only the MPAA demanding cuts. Yet the studio as well since some morons felt it was to 'gruesome'. So thats why the film turned out the way it did. Yet whatever footage can be restored better be. At least it's better than being stuck with the horrible R version.
So what's New Line's excuse for releasing "Nightmare On Elm Street Part 5" in the R-rated version when the VHS version had been released in unrated form? Any word if a restored 'Part 5' might get released as such?
Old 07-12-03, 12:27 PM
My Generosity Is Legendary

Well, according to DVDFile the date's been moved UP now to Sept 30.

Rounding out this week's news, another street date change for that Leatherface: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre III Platinum Series edition that keeps getting bumped around by New Line Home Entertainment. With genuine positive buzz beginning to swirl around that Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake which has now been moved back up to an October 17th theatrical release, New Line has moved the Chainsaw III DVD to September 30th. Features and pricing remain the same.
Old 07-22-03, 12:03 PM
Cool New Member

It seems that no one realy knows when that DVD will be released. I've checked the stores that I usually use for my preorders and this are the results:
duniverse: October 7
dvdplanet: September 30
amazon and dvdpacific: August 5
dvdempire: not listet yet
Old 07-22-03, 12:28 PM

Damn.
Old 07-22-03, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I have checked with 2 major distributors and both show the new street date to be 9/30 (updated as of 7/17/2003)

Originally posted by StefanK
It seems that no one realy knows when that DVD will be released. I've checked the stores that I usually use for my preorders and this are the results:
duniverse: October 7
dvdplanet: September 30
amazon and dvdpacific: August 5
dvdempire: not listet yet