DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   What's your favorite deleted scene? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/291231-whats-your-favorite-deleted-scene.html)

Rehevkor 05-08-03 07:07 PM

What's your favorite deleted scene?

What's your favorite deleted scene from a DVD release? Director's cuts, extended editions, and scenes in special features are all fair game. Just be sure to mention what movie it's from, and if there are multiple releases, which release you are referring to.

One of my favorites, from The Boondock Saints, is the scene with Connor and Murphy talking to their mother on the phone. She plays a very cruel and hilarious joke on them. I also liked pretty much all of the added footage in T2 Ultimate Edition. The scene where Sarah removes the Terminator's CPU and nearly destroys him is a good one in particular.

cupcake jesus 05-08-03 07:36 PM

The Beverly D'Angelo 7" sale in High Fidelity: one of the best scenes in the book that encapsulates all of the work's themes so well.

shanester 05-08-03 07:45 PM

Austin Powers The Spy Who Shagged Me:

1)the boob scene
2)Mike Myers and RJ Wagner in bed was hilarious

Ginwen 05-08-03 07:59 PM

I don't know if it's my favorite, but I really like the SAT cheer scene from Bring It On.

The scene from High Fidelity mentioned above is also a very good scene.

Matty-O 05-08-03 08:20 PM

Court scene from Natural Born Killers.

Hooker scene from Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

pagemaster7 05-08-03 08:52 PM

I thought the deleted scenes from The Ring were well worth while, and the added scenes in Amadeus were excellent.

Michael Corvin 05-08-03 09:53 PM

I'm drawing a blank here but I love the extended take of Banky and Hooper X at the end of Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back.

gutwrencher 05-08-03 10:22 PM

the drugged nightmare/trip in Jacobs Ladder.

Gdrlv 05-08-03 10:59 PM

Waiting for Guffman...where Fred Willard is talking baseball in the back yard and Catherine O'Hara breaks down in tears. Funnier than just about anything else in the film.

Squirrel God 05-08-03 11:13 PM

All of the deleted scenes from Donnie Darko.

Ah a Director's Cut of that would be HEAVEN :D

Robert 05-09-03 01:03 AM

The scene in the director's cut of <b>Lethal Weapon</b> where Riggs single handedly takes down the schoolyard sniper.

jfoobar 05-09-03 01:47 AM

Scene from Erin Brockovich where she makes Masry get out of the car and let her drive.

djtoell 05-09-03 01:59 AM

The full "Superheroes" segment from The Rocky Horror Picture Show, which I wanted to see for years and years...

DJ

PThron 05-09-03 04:08 AM

The "cocoon" scene from Alien.

Also loved several mentioned above, including Jacob's Ladder, and anything extra on Waiting for Guffman & Best in Show...

Phil

darkflounder 05-09-03 04:28 AM

The extended Triple Rock Trinity Church and Maxwell Street scenes in The Blues Brothers (more James Brown and John Lee Hooker!)

The "Elvis or The Beatles" discussion in Pulp Fiction

The entire finished Tom Bombadil sequence on the LOTR:FOTR Super Extended Limited Edition 6 disc Box Set (you didn't get YOUR copy???)

SuckaMC 05-09-03 06:36 AM

I liked the extended fight scene with the crew of Galaxy Quest against Seran as they are going back to earth. Should have been left in.

steebo777 05-09-03 08:16 AM

I have to go with the last deleted scene in Me, Myself & Irene where Jim Carrey's kids make fun of his nose even more. Sooooo funny.

SergeantPinback 05-09-03 08:25 AM

Originally posted by Robert
The scene in the director's cut of <b>Lethal Weapon</b> where Riggs single handedly takes down the schoolyard sniper.
Yep. I actually used that scene to show off my system to a buddy. There are ricochet sounds bouncing all over the place. Cool scene!

sol4real 05-09-03 08:39 AM

The deleted scene from Signs were the alien was stuck in the attic.

PixyJunket 05-09-03 08:56 AM

Actually, the scenes mentioned so far from Jay & Silent Back I didn't find that great. I did however, think that the scene where the security gaurd runs back onto the Scarem set and he goes "Brenda?", and Shannon D replies "Dick!".. a nice homage to Mallrats.

spankyj 05-09-03 09:09 AM

I give a vote for the hotel room scene in Boiler Room. Why that was not left in the movie - I'll never know.

Falc04 05-09-03 09:17 AM

Galaxy Quest

Where Sigourney Weaver entices the aliens into the engine room with her low cut shirt, and then squashes them in the door.

Great scene!

Kakkarat 05-09-03 09:44 AM

Keeping the Faith - vibrating cell phone scene with Stiller and Jenna Elfman. one of the funniest things i've ever seen.

ryuryu2949 05-09-03 11:12 AM

I vote for all of the deleted scenes in T2, especially the scene where they do "brain surgery" on Arnold... pretty fickin good.

DonnachaOne 05-09-03 11:18 AM

KNOCK, KNOCK! Who's there? Mickey! Mickey who? Mickey Mouse, Mickey Mantle, Mickey Rourke, Mickey Finn, Mickey Dolenz, Mickey Knox! Guilty? You bet your ass! But I think Charles Manson said it best when he said -- "I'm not herrrre, man...I'm not here!" I don't blame Mickey or Mallory, I blame Ajax and Jack Frost and Frosted Flakes and Achy Breaky, Lyndon Johnson, Johnny Cash, Johnny Carson, Johnny Quest! I blame the Pope, and Pop-Tarts, the Popile Pocket Fisherman! Ahh! I blame Jif, and jazz and O.J. Simpson, JFK, RFK, FDR, FBI, CIA, STP, AFL, CIO, ABC, NBC, JVC, VCR! I blame John Wilkes Booth and Mark David Chapman and Sirhan Sirhan Sirhan and Mary Tyler Moore! I blame ALL PEOPLE who use three names! Big Bird, blame! Barney, blame! I blame Jesus Christ and Jon Bon Jovi! I stick my right index finger in Wayne Newton's left eyeball! Not their parents, not drugs, not society-at-large. Do you want to know who I really blame? The PITTSBURGH PIRATES because in 1947, Major League Baseball scouted a hot young pitching prospect named Fidel Castro! Hot outta Havana High, he had big speed and a nasty curveball but at the last minute, the teams all rescinded their offers, Just THINK about that! If Fidel had been drafted, huh huh? No Bay of Pigs, no Kennedy assassination, no cover-up, no Vietnam, no Nixon, no Ford, no bell-bottoms, no Brady Bunch, no earthshoes, no Reagan, no CRACK! No, we'd all be eating HOT DOGS and APLLE PIE and smoking BIG FAT CUBAN CIGARS! M-I-C. See you real soon. K-E-Y. Why? Because they want to, that's why.
Denis Leary's deleted scene from Natural Born Killer.