Community
Search

DBZ-CELL GAMES? Where is it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-03, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DBZ-CELL GAMES? Where is it?

I came across some money and I've decided to get the entire collection of DBZ episodes but apparantly... the saga with some of the best episodes only has one DVD release...why isn't the rest of the Cell Games Saga not on DVD but they went ahead and released pretty much the whole rest of the series?
Old 05-08-03, 12:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't much understand this myself. I've checked the DBZ website from time to time, but they haven't had a new Dragonball Z release for a few months now. They seemed to have moved on to releasing GT...
Old 05-08-03, 06:29 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

in the last couple months they have released imperfect and perfect cell box sets, and world tournament either is iout, or coming soon, and so is babidi. But i think the whole series is out now on dvd singularly....cept for cell games.... I just checked the faq at dragonballz.com and they said they plan on releasing them later on in 2003.
Old 05-08-03, 08:29 AM

From what I remember being said the reason was that they wanted to give the people watching the eps on cartoon network something new to watch, thus skipping around occured with the dvd release. Personally i'm in the same boat, the episodes i've wanted from day one all involved the Cell games, but noooooo those are the episodes that had to be released dead last.
Old 05-08-03, 10:19 AM

Both the Cell Games and the Afterlife Tournament/Great Saiyaman sagas are missing.

I would expect them to release them in boxes after they're done releasing the Kid Buu saga in a box, which should be around October or so.
Old 05-08-03, 11:16 AM

Quick question on the "box sets" - are these actual box sets like the Transformers box set or are they simply the keep-cases I currently have placed in a slip-case?
Old 05-08-03, 12:16 PM

Keep cases placed in a slip-case.
Old 05-08-03, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

The afterlife tournament is actually the 'World Tournament' and i have this ordered/pre-ordered. It won't ship to me until the Babidi saga is released in june as i have it all in one order like that. And the Great Siyaman sagas are missing eh? well well well....GOOD! heh
Old 05-08-03, 03:54 PM

Originally posted by mzupeman2
The afterlife tournament is actually the 'World Tournament' and i have this ordered/pre-ordered.
Different tournaments. The World Tournament discs pick up where the Saiyaman discs leave off, but the Afterlife Tournament starts right after the Cell Games arc. I remember a while back that for some legal reason, Funimation couldn't use the name "Heaven's Tournament" for the two VHS tapes containing the tournament, so they made it part of the Great Saiyaman series of tapes in label only. And like the rest of the Great Saiyaman saga, these episodes are still missing on DVD.
Old 05-08-03, 04:09 PM

At least FUNi is doing the right thing with the Dragonball releases... it's a pity they couldn't get their act together and do the same for GT instead of skipping the first 15 goddamn episodes of the series.
Old 05-08-03, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

they skipped the first 15 eps of GT?
Old 05-08-03, 06:40 PM

Yea, they went straight into the first few episodes of the Bebi saga. They offer no explanation as to why Goku is a child again, and it's incredibly stupid why they didn't follow the real ordering of episodes.