Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Queen "Live at Wembley" DVD details

View Poll Results: Will you be buying this DVD?
Yes
72.73%
No
13.64%
Maybe, I'll have to read some reviews first
13.64%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-07-03, 08:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The next Queen DVD, "Live at Wembley" (note, the "86" has been dropped) is set for release June 9th in the UK. US fans need not worry as the disc should be released in America as well ("Greatest Video Hits 1" was released the same week in both countries) but to my knowledge, a specific US date hasn't been mentioned.

The DVD's details have been seen here;

http://www4.cd-wow.com/detail_resul...oduct_code=5500

Disc 1:
Tracklisting:

1- One Vision
2- Tie Your Mother Down
3- In The Lap of The Gods
4- Seven Seas of Rhye
5- Tear It Up
6- A Kind of Magic
7- Under Pressure
8- Another One Bites The Dust
9- Who Wants To Live Forever
10- I Want To Break Free
11- Impromptu
12- Brighton Rock Solo
13- Now I'm Here
14- Love of My Life
15- Is This The World We Created
16- (You're So Square) Baby I Don't Care
17- Hello Mary Lou
18- Tutti Frutti
19- Gimme Some Lovin'
20- Bohemian Rhapsody
21- Hammer To Fall
22- Crazy Little Thing Called Love
23- Big Spender
24- Radio Ga Ga
25- We Will Rock You
26- Friends Will Be Friends
27- We Are The Champions
28- God Save The Queen

Disc 2:
Road To Wembley:

Brian and Roger interview 2003

Gavin Taylor (Concert Director) and Gary Stickles (Tour Manager) interview

A Beautiful Day - Rudi Dolezal's backstage documentary about the whole day including interviews and nostalgic footage

Tribute To Wembley Towers - Tribute to the Stadium, including timeslapse demolition set to 'These Are The Days of Our Lives'

Wembley Unseen

Friday Concert Medley - highlights of the previous night's show

Rehearsals

Picture Gallery

Queen Cams - 4 Songs Multi-Angle
One Vision
Under Pressure
Now I'm Here
We Are The Champions
On these songs it will be possible to watch the performance of a specific member of the band. If you want to watch Freddie only, select the Freddie Cam. There are Roger, Brian and John Cam's.

Audio: DTS 5.1, and though it's not mentioned on that web page, likely a PCM stereo track (like the other Queen sanctioned DVD's.)

Also note that the web page says the DVD will be 1.33:1, either that's an error or Queen Productions have changed their stance on releasing DVD's 16x9, regardless of OAR.

So, the *entire* concert, a generous helping of extra features amounts to one hell of a Queen DVD. Can't wait to see it.

NOTE TO MODS: This is not a disussion of the music, simply announcing the DVD's specs, etc. Please allow it to stay in this forum and not be moved to music. Thank you.
Old 05-17-03, 10:40 PM

The DVD is now available for pre-order;

http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_ite...item_id=479995

June 10th is given as the release date.
Old 05-24-03, 02:14 AM

Hollywood Records has settled the release date issue, the DVD streets on June 17th.
Old 05-24-03, 02:20 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yes, I have a slot in the collection awaiting it's arrival. as a 12 year-old in '75, I was a true Queen fan and was rockin' with them way before News of the World.
Old 05-24-03, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
IMO at least. they didn't sound as good in this performance (I still have the 2 disc cd set with poor audio) as they did in the we will rock you dvd, mainly his voice isn't up to par.
Old 05-24-03, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: Chicago, only a stone's throw from Chicago (even if you throw like a girl)
This is dissappointing that they dont include the Robert Plant stuff. He reqorked the lyrics to Innuendo to include stuff from Kashmir which was amazing.
Old 06-04-03, 09:40 PM

Originally posted by bothanspy
This is dissappointing that they dont include the Robert Plant stuff. He reqorked the lyrics to Innuendo to include stuff from Kashmir which was amazing.
I think you're confusing this DVD with the Freddie Tribute. While both were held at the same venue, they're about 6 years apart

As for what you said, Plant specifically asked for "Innuendo" not to be included. He (along with just about everyone else) felt it was a sub-par performance, shame too as Queen played flawlessly behind him.
Old 06-05-03, 06:38 AM
Banned

Plant is an idiot. Innuendo was one of, if not, THE highlights of the entire show. The one and only time we'll ever hear and see Queen perform that song and Robert's disgusting ego gets in the way of us owning it.

The best part was when Roger was waiting to hit the drums and he wasn't sure when to come in! I'm glad I taped it off MTV.
Old 06-05-03, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Freddie Mercury Tribute has the worst audio of any DVD (concert or not) that I have ever heard. Releasing it in DTS was ridiculous since they had such a poor transfer to work with. I hope that this DVD has better audio...
Old 06-05-03, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: Chicago, only a stone's throw from Chicago (even if you throw like a girl)
Originally posted by cracksky
Plant is an idiot. Innuendo was one of, if not, THE highlights of the entire show. The one and only time we'll ever hear and see Queen perform that song and Robert's disgusting ego gets in the way of us owning it.
I agree. It was one of my favorite moments of the show.

BTW, least favorite: Axl and Elton.

Back on Topic.
Old 06-06-03, 12:12 PM

Originally posted by cracksky

The best part was when Roger was waiting to hit the drums and he wasn't sure when to come in! I'm glad I taped it off MTV.
While Queen sounded great, Plant was awful and he knew it. He was consistently off-key, kept forgetting the lyrics (even though they were on a monitor on stage), it was rather embarassing for him, especially when you consider that Queen wrote "Innuendo" as a nod to "Kashmir".
Old 06-07-03, 08:29 PM

BTW, I found out today that the DVD will definitely be full screen, which would be the correct presentation.
Old 06-07-03, 11:32 PM

Alright!! I can't wait for this to come out. I wish I knew this about two months ago. I ran across a Brazilian import of this at BB, so I just had to get it. It is nothing more than a copy of the old VHS version, but it was still worth it to me. Though no where near as kick ass as "We Will Rock You", it is still a great show to have. I will now have two copies, the not so great picture import, and the official release. With all the extras, I will have no choice, but to rebuy this one. I'm not a huge fan of extras on my movie DVD's, but I can't get enouph extras when it comes to music DVD's. If were just in 16x9, it would be perfect.