Community
Search

NBA is getting in the way of my movie habbit

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-03, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NBA is getting in the way of my movie habbit

anybody else in this prediciment? i have a stack of dvds i want to watch (its been there for about 2 weeks now) and i have only watched one of them (tron). between the nba playoffs and 24 i cant find anytime to slip in a dvd...im falling behind. can i recover?
Old 05-06-03, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I guess thats one good thing about living in Indianapolis. The Pacers always get eliminated in the first round of playoffs LOL.

But hey at least we're not the Lakers
Old 05-06-03, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The NBA Playoffs are very fun to watch this year, but I find myself watching parts of DVDs during timeout commercial breaks, halftime, etc.
Old 05-06-03, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

enjoying the NBA also....and it has cut into my time!! but not as much as "the war" did.
Old 05-06-03, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 144 Likes on 99 Posts
I fell the same way about baseball. I just find myself squeezing in a movie when a game isn't on or checking out a featurette or two during commercial breaks, pitching changes, or halftime. Since I don't have TNT anymore the NBA playoffs haven't been too much of a distraction.

Go Spurs!
Old 05-06-03, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
I hear ya. Watched the Spurs beat the Lakers (YES!) last night, will watch 24 & NYPD Blue tonight, so no DVDs until Weds. at the soonest, but then the Lakers/Spurs are back on--so what's a brotha ta do???
Old 05-06-03, 03:07 PM
Banned

What is this NBA you speak of? Too busy watching DVD
Old 05-06-03, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

better the playoffs than the war!!!!
Old 05-06-03, 03:37 PM

Originally posted by lisadoris
I fell the same way about baseball. I just find myself squeezing in a movie when a game isn't on or checking out a featurette or two during...halftime.
What kind of commie baseball are you watching?
Old 05-06-03, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

damn...everyone seems to hate the lakers. o well...i love em...always have, always will.

i have not watched a dvd for so long (i half watched tron...i was cleaning while watching) i feel like i am so far behind. on top of that i am buying about 5 dvds at least this week.

how the hell am i gonna fit this all in? between 24, hoops, all the sweet movies coming out in the theater, the minimal time i get to see my wife now that she is off getting her masters, i cant find to keep up with my evergrowing (but still minimal) collection.

I forgot about the war...that didnt help anything either!
Old 05-06-03, 04:49 PM

Originally posted by boston george
.Tell me your not talking about the Lakers. When the pacers have the wannabe Dennis Rodman, Ron Artest
Old 05-06-03, 04:58 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Caliking
damn...everyone seems to hate the lakers. o well...i love em...always have, always will.

i have not watched a dvd for so long (i half watched tron...i was cleaning while watching) i feel like i am so far behind. on top of that i am buying about 5 dvds at least this week.

how the hell am i gonna fit this all in? between 24, hoops, all the sweet movies coming out in the theater, the minimal time i get to see my wife now that she is off getting her masters, i cant find to keep up with my evergrowing (but still minimal) collection.

I forgot about the war...that didnt help anything either!
Well, I think the answer is obvious, you're going to have to get a divorce
Old 05-06-03, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,302 Likes on 946 Posts
Originally posted by boston george
One game does not a series make....

That said, the playoffs are interferring but not to a large extent. There's only ONE series I follow, so things are too bad yet.
Old 05-07-03, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 144 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally posted by The Third Jake
What kind of commie baseball are you watching?
Commericals baseball; halftime basketball. I'm a multi-sport kinda girl.
Old 05-07-03, 10:55 AM

Yeah, everybody thought the Timberwolves had a good chance when they shocked the lakers and went up 2-1. and now the Timberwolves are extinct.
Lakes could of taken game 1, but they're going have to regroup and win game 2. they better win, that way we can have another showdown between the Kings and Lakers, oh the drama. but if the Spurs win, then I'm no longer watching basketball, I'll just catch the highlights on Sportscenter.

As for DVDs, I'm getting like 5-7 titles a week, but only watching 2-3...must change this bad habit.
Old 05-07-03, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Go Pistons!!! "FEAR THE FRO" - Ben Wallace...
Old 05-07-03, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My downfall earlier was both Basketball and hockey but now that the T-pups are out of the playoffs (1st round again) my focus has been all Hockey!
Old 05-07-03, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally posted by duy37
Yeah, everybody thought the Timberwolves had a good chance when they shocked the lakers and went up 2-1. and now the Timberwolves are extinct.
Lakes could of taken game 1, but they're going have to regroup and win game 2. they better win, that way we can have another showdown between the Kings and Lakers, oh the drama. but if the Spurs win, then I'm no longer watching basketball, I'll just catch the highlights on Sportscenter.

As for DVDs, I'm getting like 5-7 titles a week, but only watching 2-3...must change this bad habit.
No one thought beforehand that the Wolves had a GOOD chance to win. Everyone got upset that the Lakers were getting pushed by the refs (as usual)!!!

I am neither a Lakers fan nor a Spurs fan.....however I hate the fact that LA are so cocky...and always get backed by the refs....NO NEED TO ARGUE ABOUT THAT ONE......so go Spurs!!!

I would love to see what song will the Big Dummy sing this time...the Sacramento queens this, the Sacramento queens that....too bad they wont get a chance to play them.
Old 05-07-03, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

With the way that the NBA is spreadng out all the series now, you aint gonna get to watch a DVD for like 2 months then.
Old 05-07-03, 04:10 PM

Originally posted by pro-bassoonist
No one thought beforehand that the Wolves had a GOOD chance to win. Everyone got upset that the Lakers were getting pushed by the refs (as usual)!!!

I am neither a Lakers fan nor a Spurs fan.....however I hate the fact that LA are so cocky...and always get backed by the refs....NO NEED TO ARGUE ABOUT THAT ONE......so go Spurs!!!

I would love to see what song will the Big Dummy sing this time...the Sacramento queens this, the Sacramento queens that....too bad they wont get a chance to play them.
there is no conspiracy theory between the NBA and the ref's. LA and the ref's. ref's are human they may make some mistakes but thats just the way it goes. the kings lost last year because they kept whining instead of focusing on playing the game. but anyways, this is not a sports forum. all i know is that I'm a Lakers fan, and if my team is out, I'm out. so go Lakers.
oh and i only watch DVDs about 3 nights a week anyway so the playoff's arent getting in the way at all.
Old 05-07-03, 07:23 PM

I must agree with Caliking. The fact is that sports is taking away too much of my DVD watching time. We have the NBA playoffs plus I was dumb and bought the Directv MLB extra innings package, so now I have every damn baseball game on TV. I used to laugh when people said they had stacks of DVDs that were unwatched, I swore that I would not be on of those people. Now thanks to this wonderful site I have about 50 DVDs that are unwatched piling up and I buy more every week.
Old 05-07-03, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
For me it's a chain reaction...because of DVD's I have no time to play video games anymore (I must have about 10-15 I need to finish), and now thanks to my Nets, i'm falling behind on DVD's. I even forgot Catch Me As You Can came out yesterday!

Forgive me,
Dean
Old 05-07-03, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
sorry double post
Old 05-07-03, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Damnit! I mean Yes! I dont know...but i get to watch a movie tonight (hunt for red oct) because my favorite nba team is playing horrible and getting waxed by ........ ewwwww.....a team from texas. i feel sick right now.
Old 05-07-03, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Its the same for me with baseball. I try not to miss any Yankee games so that means less time for movies.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.