Indiana Jones in 2004?

Old 05-05-03, 10:03 PM
Cool New Member

Indiana Jones in 2004?

Sorry if this is a repeat post, as I realize that this topic gets much interest.

Anyone know if this is for real?

Digital Bits

Thanks a lot.
Old 05-05-03, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Why do you think 2004?! The article you linked says November.
Old 05-05-03, 10:31 PM
Cool New Member

Re: Indy in 2004?

Doh! I guess I'm so used to thinking of it as "never going to happen" that I had a Freudian slip there.
Old 05-05-03, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Based on the number of sources I've seen report this, I'd say it's pretty much a given for release this holiday season. Last year was BTTF, the year before that was The Godfather. Makes sense to me.
Old 05-05-03, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

From DVDFile:
Late-breaking news in the never-ending Indiana Jones DVD saga. At long last, tomorrow will see the first official wird regarding Lucasfilm and Paramount Home Entertainment's highly-anticipated DVD plans for the Indiana Jones flicks. After much speculation around the web, fans can expect a four-disc box set, with each film digitally remastered and restored plus a fourth disc full of extras. The release will hit stores in November (watch for an exact street date soon) and no retail price has been set. There will be a write-up on the Indy box in USA Today with further official comment from Paramount, available tomorrow at a newsstand near you. Best of all, there will be no CGI enhancements or changes made to the films, a la Star Wars or E.T. Watch this space for more, and thanks to 'Short Round' for the news.
Old 05-05-03, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

AWESOME! I know some people will speculate saying its crap, but last year everyone felt the same with BTTF and look at that.

Seems each year we knock off another Trilogy...

Too bad we won't be next year
Old 05-05-03, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Cue the music! Dum da da dum dum, dum da da dum dum…da da ra da, da da or however it goes.
Old 05-06-03, 12:46 AM

It's Official!!!

'Indy' Trilogy Ready to Conquer DVD

Indiana Jones' latest crusade? Raiding the holiday home video campaign. Among the most requested movies to get DVD treatment, the Harrison Ford adventure series may spell doom for other holiday releases.

The Adventures of Indiana Jones — The Complete DVD Movie Collection, out Nov. 4, is a four-disc set (about $50) that contains Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981), Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984), Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989) and an bonus disc loaded with extras. Among the material: new interviews with Ford, producer George Lucas and director Steven Spielberg. Each film was remastered in surround sound and restored digitally. "We're not just putting out a vanilla version (of the film on DVD)," Lucasfilm's Jim Ward says.

When Spielberg edited ET the Extra-Terrestrial last year for the long-awaited DVD release, he digitally removed some guns because of the film's young audience. But no changes were made to the Indy series.

What took so long? "Both (Lucas and Spielberg) found a pocket of time," Ward says.

Fans will have to be patient before Lucas' first three Star Wars episodes reach DVD. "We're not sure when exactly, but it will be coming out someday."

FINALLY!!!!!

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/...-06-indy_x.htm
Old 05-06-03, 12:56 AM
Cool New Member

But no changes were made to the Indy series.
This is by far the most important part of the article.

Bring it on.

Brad
Old 05-06-03, 02:04 AM
Admin Emeritus

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=290589