DEAD & BURIED news...

Old 05-02-03, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

DEAD & BURIED news...

Fangoria.com posted that:

DEAD & BURIED will be presented in new 1.85:1, 16x9-enhanced transfers, with a 6.1 DTS-ES soundtrack.

Streeting July 29 as a two-disc set that Lustig promises “will knock your socks off.” He’s not kidding; the extras include:

• Audio commentary by Sherman
• Audio commentary by co-writer/co-producer Ron Shusett and actress Linda Turley
• Audio commentary by cinematographer Steven Poster
• Interviews with makeup FX designer Stan Winston, actor Robert Englund and co-writer Dan O’Bannon
• Location stills shot by Poster
• Theatrical trailers and teaser
• Poster/still gallery
Old 05-02-03, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

is this a Blue Underground release? I've got the region 2 dvd....but I'll upgrade.
Old 05-03-03, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

thats funny. i was just on imdb.com yesterday looking up facts for this movie.
i actually read the book, sheesh late 70's, i think.
Old 05-03-03, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Count me in for an upgrade too!
Old 05-03-03, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yes, gutwrencher, DEAD & BURIED is a BU release.
Old 05-03-03, 12:54 PM

Originally posted by highdef
Yes, gutwrencher, DEAD & BURIED is a BU release.
thats the best news of all...thanks.
Old 05-03-03, 06:51 PM

Hey, thanks for the word on this! A great, overlooked horror film, IMO. I also have the R2 (Dragon) version of this, and I look forward to the upgrade.
Old 07-13-03, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Here's a reminder to be on the lookout soon for this. It's a Limited Edition (50,000) set. Here's the link to the movie info.
Old 07-13-03, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks for the update! Does anyone have this besides Amazon?
Old 07-13-03, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Best Buy has it on their site. They should also carry it in their stores. They've been pretty good (at least at the one I visit) about carrying Blue Underground discs. Just yesterday I picked up Daughters of Darkness and The Crazies.
Old 07-13-03, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

BestBuy.com, 19.99:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....5&type=product

Dvdempire.com, 20.97.
Old 07-14-03, 09:26 AM

Originally posted by TomOpus
Just yesterday I picked up Daughters of Darkness and The Crazies.
nice adds TomOpus. I've got my D & B pre-ordered. looks like I'll be needing to dedicate an entire shelf to BU titles...I own them all so far and there are many, many more to come.
Old 07-14-03, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by gutwrencher
....I've got my D & B pre-ordered. looks like I'll be needing to dedicate an entire shelf to BU titles...I own them all so far and there are many, many more to come.
I've lately felt the need to seek movies outside of the mainstream. It's nice to find a company such as BU that has a small, well-managed catalog. They really treat their films with respect. Plus the icing is that they are affordable. I'll be checking their site often to see what's on the horizon with their releases.
Old 07-17-03, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Not long to wait now! and have across this little 'appetizer'

www.monstersatplay.com/deadnburied.shtml
Old 07-17-03, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Just pre-ordered it at Deep Discount for $17.98. I can't wait!
Old 07-17-03, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I used my Master Card/Amazon $15.00 GC + STL to pre-order this and House of Wax.

Can't wait for either! My Dead and Buried VHS copy is a worn out ex-rental, and I'll be glad to replace it. And House of Wax is one of the greatest Vincent Price movies of all time, in my opinion.
Old 07-29-03, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Just got back from Best Buy with my copy of Dead & Buried! I snagged #658 (out of 50,000). I can't wait to watch it this weekend. I haven't seen it since it was first released and I saw it at a drive-in.
Old 07-29-03, 11:47 PM

Originally posted by TomOpus
Just got back from Best Buy with my copy of Dead & Buried! I snagged #658 (out of 50,000). I can't wait to watch it this weekend. I haven't seen it since it was first released and I saw it at a drive-in.
thats a nice #. I'm much deeper at #12,832

great film...one of my personal favs...and this edition beats the hell out of my region 2 copy.
Old 07-30-03, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I got to meet director Gary Sherman last night at a screening here in NYC of a decent (although a bit faded) uncut 35mm print of Dead & Buried. Blue Undergound ran the event, and Bill Lustig and crew brought along a bunch of un-numbered DVD covers for Sherman to sign for us (just the covers alone, since the disc wasn't officially available yet, of course). I wonder how limited the un-numbered versions are?

BTW, Sherman was great to talk to, and he's obviously still proud (and justifiably so) of his film. He was also generous enough to sign my DVD of perhaps my favorite film of his, Wanted: Dead or Alive. I'm looking forward to Deathline (aka Raw Meat) next month from MGM, and Vice Squad is planned for next year from Blue Underground, as well. It's a Gary Sherman renaissance!

DJ
Old 07-30-03, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by djtoell
I got to meet director Gary Sherman last night at a screening here in NYC of a decent (although a bit faded) uncut 35mm print of Dead & Buried. Blue Undergound ran the event, and Bill Lustig and crew brought along a bunch of un-numbered DVD covers for Sherman to sign for us (just the covers alone, since the disc wasn't officially available yet, of course). I wonder how limited the un-numbered versions are?

BTW, Sherman was great to talk to, and he's obviously still proud (and justifiably so) of his film. He was also generous enough to sign my DVD of perhaps my favorite film of his, Wanted: Dead or Alive. I'm looking forward to Deathline (aka Raw Meat) next month from MGM, and Vice Squad is planned for next year from Blue Underground, as well. It's a Gary Sherman renaissance!

DJ
What was the end credit music on the print you saw? I read on over at horrordvds that the end credit music on the DVD is completely different than the theatrical presentation. JUst confirming if this is true.
Old 07-30-03, 04:05 PM

...and Vice Squad is planned for next year from Blue Underground, as well. It's a Gary Sherman renaissance!
Hot damn!!! That's good to hear. Been waiting on a good edition of that movie since my ancient VHS tape took the big dirt nap in the early 90s!

BTW: Did Mr. Sherman happen to say anything about any new movies? I mean, where's this guy been? Poltergeist III was pretty horrible but he had a really decent B-movie career going for a while there and then just...disappeared.
Old 07-30-03, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by salamander2
What was the end credit music on the print you saw? I read on over at horrordvds that the end credit music on the DVD is completely different than the theatrical presentation. JUst confirming if this is true.
I didn't know about the end credit music controversy before the screening, so I wasn't paying much attention to whether it happened to be the same as the title sequence music or not. Sorry. FWIW, Gary Sherman didn't mention any problem with the music on the DVD, although he did mention that the color timing on the DVD was perfect, as it was overseen by the director of photography, Steve Poster (who also recently did a beautiful job on Donnie Darko).

Originally posted by
Count_Zero

BTW: Did Mr. Sherman happen to say anything about any new movies? I mean, where's this guy been?
Poltergeist III was pretty horrible but he had a really decent B-movie career going for a while there and then just...disappeared.
He mentioned working on a book about hockey, of all things. Apparently the book will focus on the damage to players' noses during their careers, featuring before-and-after photos. It sounded weird, but interesting. I didn't hear him mention anything about any upcoming film projects.

DJ

Last edited by djtoell; 07-30-03 at 05:35 PM.
Old 07-30-03, 05:37 PM

He mentioned working on a book about hockey, of all things. Apparently the book will focus on the damage to players' noses during their careers, featuring before-and-after photos.
That's hilarious! Wow, that's just about the absolute last thing in the world I would have guessed...
Old 07-31-03, 09:26 PM

I picked this up yesterday on account of this thread, and it was awesome! DVDTalk should get a cut of the money for all the movies you guys have mad me buy...
Old 07-31-03, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Still waiting to hear that my DDD preorder has shipped.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.