DEAD & BURIED news...

 
Old 05-02-03, 07:05 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Special Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,428
DEAD & BURIED news...

Fangoria.com posted that:

DEAD & BURIED will be presented in new 1.85:1, 16x9-enhanced transfers, with a 6.1 DTS-ES soundtrack.

Streeting July 29 as a two-disc set that Lustig promises “will knock your socks off.” He’s not kidding; the extras include:

• Audio commentary by Sherman
• Audio commentary by co-writer/co-producer Ron Shusett and actress Linda Turley
• Audio commentary by cinematographer Steven Poster
• Interviews with makeup FX designer Stan Winston, actor Robert Englund and co-writer Dan O’Bannon
• Location stills shot by Poster
• Theatrical trailers and teaser
• Poster/still gallery
highdef is offline  
Old 05-02-03, 07:26 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: on a river in a kayak..where else?
Posts: 4,949
is this a Blue Underground release? I've got the region 2 dvd....but I'll upgrade.
gutwrencher is offline  
Old 05-03-03, 12:37 AM
  #3  
DVD Talk Legend
 
whotony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: ^ Kristen Bell
Posts: 19,126
thats funny. i was just on imdb.com yesterday looking up facts for this movie.
i actually read the book, sheesh late 70's, i think.
whotony is offline  
Old 05-03-03, 12:56 AM
  #4  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: City of Chicago
Posts: 1,583
Count me in for an upgrade too!
shill66 is offline  
Old 05-03-03, 09:24 AM
  #5  
DVD Talk Special Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,428
Yes, gutwrencher, DEAD & BURIED is a BU release.
highdef is offline  
Old 05-03-03, 12:54 PM
  #6  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: on a river in a kayak..where else?
Posts: 4,949
Originally posted by highdef
Yes, gutwrencher, DEAD & BURIED is a BU release.
thats the best news of all...thanks.
gutwrencher is offline  
Old 05-03-03, 06:51 PM
  #7  
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 216
Hey, thanks for the word on this! A great, overlooked horror film, IMO. I also have the R2 (Dragon) version of this, and I look forward to the upgrade.
Nocturnaloner is offline  
Old 07-13-03, 10:49 AM
  #8  
DVD Talk Hero
 
TomOpus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 33,533
Here's a reminder to be on the lookout soon for this. It's a Limited Edition (50,000) set. Here's the link to the movie info.
TomOpus is offline  
Old 07-13-03, 05:40 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,114
Thanks for the update! Does anyone have this besides Amazon?
freudguy is offline  
Old 07-13-03, 07:34 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Hero
 
TomOpus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 33,533
Best Buy has it on their site. They should also carry it in their stores. They've been pretty good (at least at the one I visit) about carrying Blue Underground discs. Just yesterday I picked up Daughters of Darkness and The Crazies.
TomOpus is offline  
Old 07-13-03, 07:38 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Posts: 6,461
BestBuy.com, 19.99:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....5&type=product

Dvdempire.com, 20.97.
ernestrp is offline  
Old 07-14-03, 09:26 AM
  #12  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: on a river in a kayak..where else?
Posts: 4,949
Originally posted by TomOpus
Just yesterday I picked up Daughters of Darkness and The Crazies.
nice adds TomOpus. I've got my D & B pre-ordered. looks like I'll be needing to dedicate an entire shelf to BU titles...I own them all so far and there are many, many more to come.
gutwrencher is offline  
Old 07-14-03, 10:15 PM
  #13  
DVD Talk Hero
 
TomOpus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 33,533
Originally posted by gutwrencher
....I've got my D & B pre-ordered. looks like I'll be needing to dedicate an entire shelf to BU titles...I own them all so far and there are many, many more to come.
I've lately felt the need to seek movies outside of the mainstream. It's nice to find a company such as BU that has a small, well-managed catalog. They really treat their films with respect. Plus the icing is that they are affordable. I'll be checking their site often to see what's on the horizon with their releases.
TomOpus is offline  
Old 07-17-03, 07:23 AM
  #14  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: North east England UK
Posts: 1,689
Not long to wait now! and have across this little 'appetizer'

www.monstersatplay.com/deadnburied.shtml
RichDB10 is offline  
Old 07-17-03, 08:32 AM
  #15  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Jaymole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: N.Y, N.Y
Posts: 9,201
Just pre-ordered it at Deep Discount for $17.98. I can't wait!
Jaymole is offline  
Old 07-17-03, 08:54 AM
  #16  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 1,150
I used my Master Card/Amazon $15.00 GC + STL to pre-order this and House of Wax.

Can't wait for either! My Dead and Buried VHS copy is a worn out ex-rental, and I'll be glad to replace it. And House of Wax is one of the greatest Vincent Price movies of all time, in my opinion.
The Exister is offline  
Old 07-29-03, 11:07 PM
  #17  
DVD Talk Hero
 
TomOpus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 33,533
Just got back from Best Buy with my copy of Dead & Buried! I snagged #658 (out of 50,000). I can't wait to watch it this weekend. I haven't seen it since it was first released and I saw it at a drive-in.
TomOpus is offline  
Old 07-29-03, 11:47 PM
  #18  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: on a river in a kayak..where else?
Posts: 4,949
Originally posted by TomOpus
Just got back from Best Buy with my copy of Dead & Buried! I snagged #658 (out of 50,000). I can't wait to watch it this weekend. I haven't seen it since it was first released and I saw it at a drive-in.
thats a nice #. I'm much deeper at #12,832

great film...one of my personal favs...and this edition beats the hell out of my region 2 copy.
gutwrencher is offline  
Old 07-30-03, 12:59 AM
  #19  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Astoria, NY, USA
Posts: 3,333
I got to meet director Gary Sherman last night at a screening here in NYC of a decent (although a bit faded) uncut 35mm print of Dead & Buried. Blue Undergound ran the event, and Bill Lustig and crew brought along a bunch of un-numbered DVD covers for Sherman to sign for us (just the covers alone, since the disc wasn't officially available yet, of course). I wonder how limited the un-numbered versions are?

BTW, Sherman was great to talk to, and he's obviously still proud (and justifiably so) of his film. He was also generous enough to sign my DVD of perhaps my favorite film of his, Wanted: Dead or Alive. I'm looking forward to Deathline (aka Raw Meat) next month from MGM, and Vice Squad is planned for next year from Blue Underground, as well. It's a Gary Sherman renaissance!

DJ
djtoell is offline  
Old 07-30-03, 03:53 PM
  #20  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: next to a schizo!
Posts: 1,774
Originally posted by djtoell
I got to meet director Gary Sherman last night at a screening here in NYC of a decent (although a bit faded) uncut 35mm print of Dead & Buried. Blue Undergound ran the event, and Bill Lustig and crew brought along a bunch of un-numbered DVD covers for Sherman to sign for us (just the covers alone, since the disc wasn't officially available yet, of course). I wonder how limited the un-numbered versions are?

BTW, Sherman was great to talk to, and he's obviously still proud (and justifiably so) of his film. He was also generous enough to sign my DVD of perhaps my favorite film of his, Wanted: Dead or Alive. I'm looking forward to Deathline (aka Raw Meat) next month from MGM, and Vice Squad is planned for next year from Blue Underground, as well. It's a Gary Sherman renaissance!

DJ
What was the end credit music on the print you saw? I read on over at horrordvds that the end credit music on the DVD is completely different than the theatrical presentation. JUst confirming if this is true.
salamander2 is offline  
Old 07-30-03, 04:05 PM
  #21  
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 199
...and Vice Squad is planned for next year from Blue Underground, as well. It's a Gary Sherman renaissance!
Hot damn!!! That's good to hear. Been waiting on a good edition of that movie since my ancient VHS tape took the big dirt nap in the early 90s!

BTW: Did Mr. Sherman happen to say anything about any new movies? I mean, where's this guy been? Poltergeist III was pretty horrible but he had a really decent B-movie career going for a while there and then just...disappeared.
Count_Zero is offline  
Old 07-30-03, 05:28 PM
  #22  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Astoria, NY, USA
Posts: 3,333
Originally posted by salamander2
What was the end credit music on the print you saw? I read on over at horrordvds that the end credit music on the DVD is completely different than the theatrical presentation. JUst confirming if this is true.
I didn't know about the end credit music controversy before the screening, so I wasn't paying much attention to whether it happened to be the same as the title sequence music or not. Sorry. FWIW, Gary Sherman didn't mention any problem with the music on the DVD, although he did mention that the color timing on the DVD was perfect, as it was overseen by the director of photography, Steve Poster (who also recently did a beautiful job on Donnie Darko).


Originally posted by
Count_Zero

BTW: Did Mr. Sherman happen to say anything about any new movies? I mean, where's this guy been?
Poltergeist III was pretty horrible but he had a really decent B-movie career going for a while there and then just...disappeared.
He mentioned working on a book about hockey, of all things. Apparently the book will focus on the damage to players' noses during their careers, featuring before-and-after photos. It sounded weird, but interesting. I didn't hear him mention anything about any upcoming film projects.

DJ

Last edited by djtoell; 07-30-03 at 05:35 PM.
djtoell is offline  
Old 07-30-03, 05:37 PM
  #23  
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 199
He mentioned working on a book about hockey, of all things. Apparently the book will focus on the damage to players' noses during their careers, featuring before-and-after photos.
That's hilarious! Wow, that's just about the absolute last thing in the world I would have guessed...
Count_Zero is offline  
Old 07-31-03, 09:26 PM
  #24  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 480
I picked this up yesterday on account of this thread, and it was awesome! DVDTalk should get a cut of the money for all the movies you guys have mad me buy...
malkmuz is offline  
Old 07-31-03, 11:55 PM
  #25  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
nazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Land of the Free
Posts: 5,989
Still waiting to hear that my DDD preorder has shipped.
nazz is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.