Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Argh! FS Red Dragon disc in the 2 disc Widescreen Director's Edition from DDD!

Old 04-26-03, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My Red Dragon: Collector's edition arrived today from Deep Discount DVD, so I open it up to watch, and I see on disc 1 "1.33:1 Full Frame" on the disc. I hoped that it was just a misprint I hadn't heard about, so I pop it in, hit play, and "This movie has been formatted to fit your screen" comes up! ARGH! Now I'll have to wait ~3 more weeks before I can actually watch this (time to send it back to DDD, have it processed, then the Pony Express mail back to my house). Did I mention "ARGH!"?
Old 04-26-03, 01:30 AM

Heh, I know the feeling. I got a defective copy of Dante's Peak - DTS from DDD recently. Lots of very loud pops and cracks all through the DTS track. I'm beginning to wonder if DDD is a reliable retailer, and if I should look elsewhere.
Old 04-26-03, 05:51 AM

DDD is a great retailer, you cannot blame them for a defective pressing of a disc.
Old 04-26-03, 08:07 AM

Just go to Best Buy and buy a copy of it. When you get your replacement copy back from DDD take it back to Best Buy for a refund.
Old 04-26-03, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This is a problem with "Red Dragon" everywhere it seems. I posted a thread the day the movie was released. Same thing happened to me at Best Buy. So, if you do go there (or anywhere), open it up before you leave the store!
Old 04-26-03, 11:15 AM

Ahh, I see. I'd take that Best Buy advice, except where I live I'd have to drive two towns over to find one. I would spend more money on gas that I would on the movie