Thoughts about the most recent WB Chat

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-03, 01:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought that the chat with WB went very well. I was surprised by some announcements. First of all, never did I expect that WB would ever release "Freaks"! I was floored!! I hope it gets the longest possible running time. "The Beast From 20000 Fathoms" & "The Black Scorpion" were large surprises for me. I'll be very happy when these come out. I'm also glad to see that "The Bad Seed" is coming. The news about more Hitchcock is coming is welcomed. I'm also glad to see Lewton & Chaney films on the schedule. Also very glad that more Cagney , Flynn & Bogart will come to DVD. The news about "Tom & Jerry" & Looney Tunes was very welcomed.

Some disappointments with the chat. I was hoping for more info about "King Kong". I wish there had been more positive news about "The Devils". I could not believe that no questions about TV mini-series were asked. The response about DTS is very disappointing. I was mildly disappointed that Bette Davis has to take a back seat to Cagney , Flynn & Bogart, but only in relation to the time frame for releases. I guess I won't see more Bette until perhaps 2005. I wish there had been more questions about M-G-M’s older catalog titles. I was unhappy that WB considers relatively obscure films as not possible on DVD. WB's continued use of snappers & digipaks will keep me buying keepcases fron InetDVD to replace them.
Old 04-23-03, 01:27 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

where should one look for the full transcript from the chat??
Old 04-23-03, 01:30 AM

At the HTF site or at The Digital Bits site.
Old 04-23-03, 02:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lots of good news for fans of the classics.
wonder which VaL Lewtons?

odd nobody asked about King Kong .
Really odd that 4 or 5 people asked about the Dark Shadows movies
sad to hear that Demon Seed isn't on the agenda (but i had always thought that was MGM/UA).
Old 04-23-03, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,410 Likes on 1,033 Posts
I was hoping someone would ask about the sound FX on The Hobbit (though not really surprised they didn't, hardly anyone knows about it)

Very excited about 16x9 Christmas Vacation though!!

And I hope the Tom & Jerry films are not unly uncut, but letterboxed where applicable. There are many that were shot scope and suffer badly when pan and scanned.