Babylon 5 S2 shipping from Amazon.ca

Old 04-22-03, 06:34 PM

Babylon 5 S2 shipping from Amazon.ca

Just got a confirmation that my Babylon 5 S2 has shipped today. That's one week before the release date. Anyone else get a shipping confirmation?
Old 04-22-03, 06:46 PM
BT
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ditto that, but knowing how long it took them to ship me Band of Brothers the last time I ordered from them... I won't be holding my breath.

I'll be looking for it in the mailbox in two weeks if I'm lucky.

-BT
Old 04-22-03, 06:54 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

got a notice also, it took about a week to arrive at my place last time I ordered from them.
Old 04-22-03, 07:51 PM

none yet
Old 04-22-03, 07:58 PM

Originally posted by nemein
none yet
At least I'm not alone. Though, I only ordered a month ago, so I'm probably at the end of the preorder line.
Old 04-22-03, 09:52 PM

Mine's shipped too. I should see it next week.

-HM
Old 04-22-03, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm about to place my order on Amazon.ca for B5 S2 and for Red Dwarf S1 & S2. Is the B5 sets identical to the sets released in the US? I've seen some Canadian BTTF sets that had both French and English on the cover, was wondering if B5 will be the same way.
Old 04-23-03, 12:37 AM

Nothing yet for me either. I pre-ordered at the begining of March. My account still says that it is shipping on April 28-May 4. Oh well, maybe tomorrow my confirmation e-mail will come!

The US and Canadian sets are identical, BTW.
Old 04-23-03, 01:07 AM

I was going to order this set from amazon.ca today, but I went to my local reatailer here in Vancouver and VOILA, there it was, sitting on the new release shelf. Didn't think it streeted until next week. I'll try and post a little review when I get a chance to sit down and look at a few discs. Hopefully I won't have the same fiasco as last time. Bought the first season, got a set that had the wrong disc pressing. Returned it, got a new copy, the 2nd disc was off of it's spindle and scratched beyond use. Same thing with the third set I bought. This one seems to be in good condition though.
Old 04-23-03, 04:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just got my e-mail earlier today!!! Pretty sweet, I can't wait. I just hope it doesn't take over 2 weeks! A few orders only took about a week and another took like 3 weeks!!!

Oh well, was only $52 shipped!
Old 04-23-03, 06:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Mine shipped as well. With the increase in shipping from Amazon.ca, it might very well be the last order I place with them.
Old 04-23-03, 06:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

All you people living in the U.S you seem to forget the amazon.ca warehouse is in Mississauaga,Ont. (just outside of Toronto)..

If you live say in California then you cant expect your order to arrive in 24 hrs!!..Gee whiz!

I live in Montreal and I always recieve my orders in 2 business days..I think the U.S on average is 5-7 business days

Hope this helps!
Old 04-23-03, 06:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by shanester
All you people living in the U.S you seem to forget the amazon.ca warehouse is in Mississauaga,Ont. (just outside of Toronto)..

If you live say in California then you cant expect your order to arrive in 24 hrs!!..Gee whiz!

I live in Montreal and I always recieve my orders in 2 business days..I think the U.S on average is 5-7 business days

Hope this helps!
I'm in Wisconsin. If they ship from just outside of Toronto, it should take a lot less time than the 10-12 days it has been taking.
Old 04-27-03, 10:47 PM

Anybody else get this set from Amazon.ca? I'm STILL waiting for shipping confirmation!!!
Old 04-28-03, 10:55 AM

Originally posted by shanester

Hope this helps!
Well I bought mine (for $51.99+Shipping) from North American DVD, also in the Toronto area.

They shipped my copy late last week and UPS has it scheduled for delivery tomorrow (official release date). I'm way down in Atlanta, GA too and it was shipped UPS ground.

So much for that theory.
Old 04-28-03, 11:26 AM

Anybody else get this set from Amazon.ca? I'm STILL waiting for shipping confirmation!!!
Ordered mine back in Feb (or whenever it first became available) and I'm still waiting Not too concerned though they haven't failed me yet and there's still plenty of other things to watch
Old 04-28-03, 12:12 PM

Mine's been "Shipping Soon" since Friday. Their definition of 'soon' is very different from mine.
Old 04-28-03, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

received mine today. They're definitely on the way.
Old 04-28-03, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Got mine also!
Old 04-28-03, 10:19 PM

Got mine today as well... I was suprised it shipped out Tuesday...

ps. since these are coming from Canada ..anybody got SARS yet??
just kiding