Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

New Viewing Game

New Viewing Game

Old 04-21-03, 01:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New Viewing Game

Here's a viewing game to for all you who are bored...

Try to watch each movie in your collection on the anniversary date of its theatrical release in your area. It's a celebration of each film's original release.

Dates can be found by searching for the film on www.imdb.com and clicking "release dates" on the left menu.

Another viewing game you could play would be to watch each DVD on the anniversary date of it's DVD release -- it'll be like street date all over again!
Old 04-21-03, 02:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's the longest game I've ever heard of, period. That's kinda hard with 700+ DVDs... I can only imagine those of us in the thousands.

I think I'm gonna pass
Old 04-21-03, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Man, you childless people really have lots of spare time.
Old 04-21-03, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
that would be very hard since i would have to look up every title I own just to see when it came out. Howbout instead (it won't work for those that have lots of unwatched dvds), watch one dvd a day that you have never watched before, yes even the wtf was I thinking when i bought them dvds and then rate them in this thread.
band of brothers ep 1. ***1/2
Old 04-21-03, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

From time to time I'll play a little game of watching a flick, and then watching another flick with an actor from that same flick, and try to keep going.

Example: watched The Transporter, perhaps next I'll watch Snatch (both with Jason Statham), then watch Fight Club (tying in Brad Pitt from Snatch to Fight Club), then watch American History X (tying in Ed Norton) etc.

It can be fun to do, but sometimes I'll hit a dead end, either no way to tie a flick in, and I'll be forced to backtrack to previous flick, or even worse, I'll only have one other flick to choose to go to, and simply won't be in the mood to see that flick.

So for now, I'm sticking to the previously suggested game of trying to catch at least ONE movie per day that I've bought and not yet watched.
Old 04-21-03, 08:45 PM
Keeper of the Comfy Chair

Originally posted by Rypro 525
that would be very hard since i would have to look up every title I own just to see when it came out.
Actually, it's not that hard with IMDb. You can go to a page for any particular day and see what was released, what started shooting, etc. on that day.Here's tomorrow (Tuesday), for example. It's pretty easy to scan through the list for discs you own this way, rather than looking them all up separately. Also, it lists releases in other countries, so if I didn't want to watch Shrek tomorrow, I could "cheat" and watch Office Space, which was released in Argentina on that day.

With that said, I'm not certain I'll actually do this much, maybe just when I'm stuck and don't know what to watch. I just wanted to point out the ease of use of IMDb.