An Anti-"Two Towers" website? Believe it....

Old 04-19-03, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

An Anti-"Two Towers" website? Believe it....

http://www.twotowersprotest.org/
Old 04-19-03, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i believe it's a parody site
Old 04-19-03, 01:50 AM

Hello, welcome to last year.
Old 04-19-03, 01:55 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
You mean not everyone in the world loves the same movie as each other? You must be insane!!11
Old 04-19-03, 02:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There was this and an online petition making the rounds last year before the movie came out. General consensus was it was a joke.
Old 04-19-03, 03:14 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Sorry, I just noticed. I'm not up on LOTR. LMAO.
Old 04-19-03, 06:52 AM

I think what's worse is New Line is promoting these films as having been directed by a cigarette brand. I've heard about product placement but this is ridiculous.
Old 04-19-03, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Skank
I think what's worse is New Line is promoting these films as having been directed by a cigarette brand. I've heard about product placement but this is ridiculous.
Old 04-19-03, 06:13 PM

Well, I'm not "Anti" Two Towers, but I hate LOTR... My wife loves it and I loathe it. However, I'm not against it at all. To each, his own...
Old 04-19-03, 06:58 PM
Banned

Why the hostility to LOTR on this BBS? They're the movie adapatations of the novels which were the father of modern fantasy.

There'd be no such thing as an Orc, if it weren't for the LOTR.

packaok, just curious, why do you hate LOTR?
Old 04-20-03, 09:48 AM

I personally don't like Lord of the Rings or the Twin Towers, it put me to sleep...but I don't care if others like it...
Old 04-20-03, 10:44 AM

It is really funny that people refuse to believe that ANYONE could HATE LOTR (GASP!!! OH THE HORROR!!!)... I despise the films AND the books. Why do I hate it? Probably for the same reason that I hate liver... I just don't have a taste for films of this genre.

DVD Giant: Agreed. Both films were like watching the grass grow...
Old 04-20-03, 10:48 AM

Oh, and why do I care if the "Orc" was ever invented??? To me, Orc is the place that Mork was from... I have never cared for another movie that contained an Orc.
Old 04-20-03, 10:21 PM

I remember some of these thing from before the release.. and I was getting ticked off all over again, until I hit one of the site links to a "Return of the King" LOTR protest site:

"We feel the makers of the LOTR films are using the death of Elvis Presley as a marketing tool for their movie, and are petitioning to have the name changed."
Old 04-21-03, 01:55 AM

Originally posted by DVD Giant
I personally don't like Lord of the Rings or the Twin Towers, it put me to sleep...but I don't care if others like it...
Well, you obviously don't pay much attention to them in the first place since they are called Fellowship of the Ring and The Two Towers.
Old 04-21-03, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

???

I thought Mork was from Ork.
Old 04-21-03, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, that website is just protesting the title of the movie, not the actual movie itself. They feel it's insensitive to name it as such because of 9/11. I understand people's sadness and all because of the events, but it's just a movie and totally unrelated in content. So does that mean ANY movie that has the title TOWER in it is bad and should be changed? In my town we have an apartment complex named the Twin Towers which has been around for 100 years, does that mean we have to change that? Or what about the old tag-team duo from the WWF which had Akeem ( fat white guy who dressed up like an African) and The Big Boss Man (big fat cop), they were the twin towers too. Although they were tall fat guys more than anything. LOL!!

About the film, I really liked "Fellowship of the Rings". It was well-rounded with great dialogue, action sequences and had a good plot as well as some good character development. "The Twin Towers" on the other hand seemed long and boring and that fight sequence at the end was over the top. Where the elf and midget barbarian guy take on like 1,000,000 orcs on that bridge. *rollseyes*
Old 04-21-03, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Shazbot!
Old 04-21-03, 08:35 PM

please tell me that website is a joke.. i think some people are just TOO sensitive.. i realize what happened sep 11 obviously, and i love the LOTR but have not read the books.. if in fact the second book was named "the two towers" and that book was written so long ago, why would an organization even bother.. if the book AND movie took place post sep 11 the writers/directors may have discussed it, but anythin pre-sep 11th should be deemed irrelevant .. too much censorship, long live
Old 04-21-03, 08:36 PM

please tell me that website is a joke.. i think some people are just TOO sensitive.. i realize what happened sep 11 obviously, and i love the LOTR but have not read the books.. if in fact the second book was named "the two towers" and that book was written so long ago, why would an organization even bother.. if the book AND movie took place post sep 11 the writers/directors may have discussed it, but anything pre-sep 11th should be deemed irrelevant .. too much censorship, long live extended/dierctor's cuts
Old 04-21-03, 09:16 PM

as an answer to both :-), yes it is a joke.

Yes. the book was named The Two Towers way back when.

Yes it is scary that people were stupid enough to claim that the movie title was a reference to 9/11, and protest it.

This site was, I believe, just making fun of an actual tiny 'movement' pre-release. Please note their protest of 'Return of the King', the final movie of the series, as being hurtful to Elvis. :-)
Old 04-21-03, 11:06 PM

Originally posted by packaok
It is really funny that people refuse to believe that ANYONE could HATE LOTR (GASP!!! OH THE HORROR!!!)... I despise the films AND the books. Why do I hate it? Probably for the same reason that I hate liver... I just don't have a taste for films of this genre.

DVD Giant: Agreed. Both films were like watching the grass grow...
You WILL like it...oh yes you will!!!

And you MUST buy the extended version in November!