Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Roger RamJet, the DVD. Does anyone have it? Worth the cost?

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-03, 08:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just found out that the old 60s cartoon called Roger RamJet is on DVD. Two different sets. I use to watch this on the Cartoon Network in the early 90s and feel in love! I didnt even know it was on DVD until I saw it over at amazon.
Does anyone have the DVD? I was wounder how it was? Good picture? It is worth it? Anyone even know this show?
Old 04-18-03, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
I've been wanting to pick one of these up, but I know I won't watch it much so it hasn't been a priority. I just did a search at dvd-basen.dk & got 3 pretty positive reviews. You should especially check out the one at digitallyobsessed, as they mention some neat sounding easter eggs..
Old 04-18-03, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought one of these sight-unseen a while back, watched all of the episodes, and loved it enough to buy the other disc (which I haven't watched yet). The Gary Owens commentaries over the openings are pretty funny. As for the picture, I don't have a true HT, so I wouldn't take my opinion on that for much but I thought it looked good, for a (probably low-budget) cartoon from the 60s. For the low MSRP (you can get it for around $10 shipped from DDD), I highly recommend, particularly for someone like you who obviously enjoys the show already.

Be aware that other than the commentaries over the openings, the extras on both releases are identical.
Old 04-19-03, 12:56 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
There is an easter egg. If you highlite the jet airplane, you get to hear Gary Owens commentary unedited...goofs and all!
Old 04-19-03, 07:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love the Roger Ramjet DVD's !
So i would say YES ,buy them you will not be dissapointed !
I had never seen a Ramjet cartoon before i bought them & i fell in love instantly.