Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Review Wanted: What Women Want

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Review Wanted: What Women Want

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-01, 11:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this movie worth purchasing (repeat viewings?) or would I better just renting? I preordered it but am having second thoughts. Got burned with "Meet the Parents" which I personally don't find worth owning. I guess I'm finally getting gunshy after purchasing 400 movies.
Old 04-10-01, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

...seeing as how you felt about MTP, I feel confident in saying you won't like WWW any better...

. . .
Old 04-10-01, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

This does not sound to be a good match for you, since you did not like MTP. But if it would make you feel any better, I loved the WWW.
Old 04-11-01, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
A friend & I sneaked into a theater after seeing O Brother, Where Art Thou? We didn't get past the first 15 minutes. You could sort of tell it was directed by a woman. Mel was trying to be a pig & overly cute at the same time.
Old 04-11-01, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Lokimok
A friend & I sneaked into a theater after seeing O Brother, Where Art Thou? We didn't get past the first 15 minutes. You could sort of tell it was directed by a woman. Mel was trying to be a pig & overly cute at the same time.
Although your opinion is very valid, I personally wouldn't preface your review with sneakin' into the flick. Makes me think you'd be more willing to not like the movie because A) you didn't initially choose to see it, and B) you already just sat through another movie. Seems validated by the fact that you didn't give the movie more than 15 minutes.

Personally, I didn't like the movie but it was certainly tolerable. O Brother, Where Art Thou? was better, I thought.

-Beebs

[Edited by beebs on 04-11-01 at 05:44 PM]
Old 04-11-01, 08:31 PM

Originally posted by Hendrik
...seeing as how you felt about MTP, I feel confident in saying you won't like WWW any better...

. . .

I would have to agree with the above statement 100%. WWW is horrible, especially compared to MTP...
Old 04-11-01, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by beebs
Although your opinion is very valid, I personally wouldn't preface your review with sneakin' into the flick. Makes me think you'd be more willing to not like the movie because A) you didn't initially choose to see it, and B) you already just sat through another movie. Seems validated by the fact that you didn't give the movie more than 15 minutes.
-Beebs

[Edited by beebs on 04-11-01 at 05:44 PM] [/B]
Yes, I knew my comments didn't have much worth, but I was surprised the thread had only gotten 2 responses in 23 hours & rather than a simple "It Sucks" (it's quite possible the movie got better), I gave some details of the circumstance. This was actually the first time I'd ever sneaked into a movie. It was the woman I was with who suggested it, & it was also she who made the signal to leave early. We both found it intolerable.

As for Meet the Parents, I just recently rented it & agree that it's not one to own. It's the type of movie I probably wouldn't change the channel on if it came on, but I would never feel a need to see it. I didn't laugh at any of the jokes. Maybe some smiles from some of the facial expressions or body language. That's about it.
Old 04-13-01, 02:26 AM
Banned

(deleted, randyc)

[Edited by randyc on 04-16-01 at 08:55 PM]
Old 04-13-01, 09:58 AM
exm
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by debuting
(deleted quote, randyc)
Uhm, okay that's a way to post your first message!

(I can't comment on the movie btw, but I don't really see the fun in Mel Gibson acting in such a role).

[Edited by randyc on 04-16-01 at 08:58 PM]
Old 04-13-01, 02:36 PM

typical girlie-oriented tripe. fugedaboutit
Old 04-16-01, 09:49 PM
Banned

(deleted comment, randyc)

[Edited by randyc on 04-16-01 at 08:59 PM]