Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Review Wanted: Parallax View

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Review Wanted: Parallax View

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-01, 02:06 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well?
Old 03-23-01, 03:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

...for someone who calls himself 'DVD Talk Evangelist' you sure are not a very active one, or you would have found the review referred to below yourself...

http://www.thecinemalaser.com/dvd_re...x-view-dvd.htm

. . .
Old 03-23-01, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I was looking for DVD Talk reviewers...
Old 03-23-01, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

DANG......

let's just all stop being paranoid. There's nothing to worry about.
Old 03-27-01, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, at the risk of being a day late and a dollar short...

I have not seen the DVD of this pic as yet, but the film itself is a classic. A fast-moving and thought-provoking thriller, featuring one of Beatty's best dramatic performances.

If Paramount stayed true to form on this one, the DVD of this older title will feature a great transfer, mono sound and no extras.
Old 03-28-01, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Hendrik
...for someone who calls himself 'DVD Talk Evangelist' you sure are not a very active one, or you would have found the review referred to below yourself...

Nice personal attack, for someone who calls himself 'DVD Talk Addict' and should know better. Besides, for a 'DVD Talk Addict' you should know that these "titles" are completely arbitrary and MrBEAViS didn't "call himself" anything. Nice way to jump all over a guy for requesting a DVD review in the DVD Review forum. Let's try to be polite.

As far as the Parallax View, it's a bit dated but definitely worth seeing. Savant has an article about it, so if you're in line with his tastes you should definitely see it. However, his column is a bit revealing and might be considered a spoiler, so you might want to see the film before you read the column.

[Edited by DigIt on 03-28-01 at 11:44 AM]
Old 03-24-18, 10:31 PM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: Review Wanted: Parallax View

Recently re-watched The Parallax View - this is definitely one of the most brilliant thrillers of all time, and one of my favorite 70's flicks. Extremely well crafted; the paranoia exhibited throughout the film was palatable. I also feel this is Beatty's best movie.

Really impressed by the cinematography in this film, especially the numerous far/long shots showing Beatty walking into and out of large buildings; walking up steps; the scene in front of the dam; the auditorium scene at the end.

In these shots, the character was intentionally dwarfed by the buildings/structures around him -
Spoiler:
to the point where, in some cases, it was hard to pinpoint where he actually was on screen. To me, this emphasized his powerless-ness against the large, shadowy organization that he was fighting against - i.e., he had no chance of winning & never did.