DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Review Wanted: Bedazzled

Old 03-13-01, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I saw it at BB today for $17.99.

Is it worth it ?

Liz Hurley looks pretty hot in it.
Is she ?

Old 03-13-01, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

She is, i suppose.

I wouldn't buy it for that though...
Old 03-13-01, 06:44 PM
Banned

OK, I'll admit it. This was a good movie, not great, not bad. But Liz is absolutely hot in this film.

All guys need a couple of those...ya know

I'd get it if you dig Liz. Don't we all.
Old 03-13-01, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There is a hidden feature that has a cut wish sequence that is pretty funny! It also shows Elizabeth Hurley in a French Maids outfit that is incredible! Just go to the second Special feature menu and highlight one of the feature. Then hit the right arrow and a picture of Elizabeth appears. Select it and enjoy!
Old 03-14-01, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Frank S
There is a hidden feature that has a cut wish sequence that is pretty funny! It also shows Elizabeth Hurley in a French Maids outfit that is incredible! Just go to the second Special feature menu and highlight one of the feature. Then hit the right arrow and a picture of Elizabeth appears. Select it and enjoy!
Hey Frank S thanx for that hidden goodie there, it was a real funny scene but way MATURE!!!! I liked the song, Take The Hit Baby, Take The Hit!!!
Well i liked this movie alot, it was real funny and enjoyable to watch, a nice comedy!
Old 03-14-01, 09:59 AM

I rented Bedazzled yesterday, and I gotta admit- it was originally just to ogle Liz Hurley. But the movie itself is actually pretty good. Sure, it's predictable and cliched, especially if you saw the original. (Or if you've ever seen or read any movie or book about selling your soul, for that matter.) But Brendan Fraser and Frances O'Connor (as the object of his affection) are great in this. With each wish he has, they both get to play basically a completely different person. (As do his co-workers, who appear in each wish as well.) And Fraser is obviously having a ball with it. His Columbian drug lord, world's most sensitive man, and giant basketball star ar so over the top, you can't help but wonder how he missed 3 Oscar nods. lol! He has quite a few great moments in this film.

I haven't had a chance to listen to the commentaries yet, but as far as the rest of the extras go...well, it's worth a rental. The extended basketball announcers scene is funny; it's ad-libbed and they go on a little while until they start getting repetitive. The hidden scene with Fraser as a rock star is way too long and not very good. It doesn't fit in with the feel of the movie and really doesn't even fit in logically; especially when you count his wishes. I can't even place where it would go in the movie. Perhaps after the intelligent man segment? (I agree that the song was great,though!)

The other extras include a very short and uninteresting making-of featurette, a costume design featurette, and a still gallery. Anyway, it's worth a rental. Liz is sexy and fun as the devil and Fraser gets to chew up the scenery.

Old 03-14-01, 09:00 PM

I echo the comments of others: Liz's hot, and the movie's fun. The DVD looks and sounds very good, and while the extras are pretty mediocre - both commentaries were somewhat dull - it's still a decent package. The deleted scene was useful for at least one reason: it explained why Fraser had two songs on the soundtrack (as mentioned in a soundtrack ad also on the DVD).

Link to my full review:

http://www.dvdmg.com/bedazzled.html

[Edited by Oatsdad on 03-14-01 at 07:03 PM]
Old 04-01-01, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Good movie, somewhat funny but Liz Hurley was so Hot she is worth the $$. I only wish they would have show her more in the cheerleader outfit. Come to think of it, she should have been in Bring It On. This movie is typical of any Brandon Frasier movie, low expectations = pretty decent movie. On my list to purchase.
Old 04-01-01, 04:14 AM

IMO, this movie can only be watched twice, no more! Elizabeth Hurley is HOT
Old 04-01-01, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

See the original with Peter Cook and Dudley Moore - that was a funny film.... esp if you like Britcoms...
Old 04-01-01, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I watched this movie going in not expecting much, but it turned out to be pretty good. The scenes where Brendan plays out his wishes will get you rolling.

Oh, and Liz Hurley made me
Old 04-02-01, 06:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by MrBEAViS
She is, i suppose.

I wouldn't buy it for that though...
Yeah, to add a counter to the opinions thus far, I didn't really watch this movie per se, but one time when I went to Hollywood Video (I didn't even rent anything, I was just browsing...sometimes I see video stores as research, like a library...need to see what's out there, especially a good resource for the horror, cult, and foreign sections)....anyway....I was in the store for the majority of this film while it was playing on the tvs. I thought it seemed pretty bad. I saw enough to know it is something I would not need to purchase, let alone see again. (I only missed about the first ten minutes or so).