Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Review Wanted: Adam Sandler in Going Overboard

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Review Wanted: Adam Sandler in Going Overboard

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-01, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saw it at Wal-Mart today for $9.96.

Looks like one of his earlier movies, but rated "R". Is it funny like a typical Sandler flick?

Thanks
Old 03-03-01, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

...this may help you decide whether you really, really want to spend your hard-earned shekels on this movie:

http://www.hit-n-run.com/cgi/read_re...3387_coffman14

! !
Old 03-03-01, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Hendrik
...this may help you decide whether you really, really want to spend your hard-earned shekels on this movie:

http://www.hit-n-run.com/cgi/read_re...3387_coffman14

! !
Thanks........
Old 03-03-01, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

This must be one of the worst movies I've ever seen in my life, but I could only stand the first 10 minutes anyways.
Old 03-03-01, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have to concur, tho I think I made in about 25 minutes before utterly losing my mind. Its really really really bad, and I'm a fan of Sandler. Not worth even renting.

Old 03-04-01, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Horrible Film. Thank God i bought the VHS version for 4 bucks.
Old 03-04-01, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Read some of the reviews for it on Amazon, they are pretty funny (probably funnier than the actual movie).

I wouldn't really trust those reviews on the link posted above (hit n run). I just scanned through some of their bad movies, and they rip a lot of movies apart that I thought were actually pretty good.
Old 03-04-01, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm an Adam Sandler fan too, but passed on this one!
Old 03-04-01, 10:35 PM

This movie is painfull to even the biggest Adam Sandler Fans. I would really like to here adams comments on this film, it would be intresting to hear. I seriously dout he thought any part of this movie was funny.

The best part was when they would stop the movie and he would say more shots of beautiful women. This might had made this movie slightly less a waste of time had they chicks acually been hot.

Speaking of Sandler I wish they would re-release these, most arent even anamorphic, and dont have jack for extras. Little Nicky will be the first Sandler DVD I buy as its the only one so far that has got the attention it deserves. I can wait to hear the Audio Commentary.
Old 03-05-01, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The movie was worse than having food poisoning.
Old 03-06-01, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I did something really stupid today. I was in Walmart and saw this on the shelf for 9.96. With all the negative reviews slamming this movie, I just HAD to see how bad it was. Being a huge Sandler fan, I just couldn't believe that the movie could be as bad as everyone said.

From the back of the case:
"Shecky's antics rock the boat in this hilarious sea adventure which contains hysterical comic sketches and sexy fantasy sequences."

Sadly, I don't think I even smiled once during the whole thing. Actually, I did laugh once, a laugh of pity at how pathetic this was - there's a scene where Sandler and some other guy are talking, Sandler turns to the camera and says: "But first, lets take a look at a menage of hot girls in bikinis" (or something like that) and they show girls in bikinis for 2 minutes.

But seriously, this movie sucks, I want my money back. There are some movies that are so bad that they are funny, this movie is so bad that its just bad. I don't know how they can make a 90 minute comedy that isn't even remotely funny at least once. And I like some pretty stupid comedies.
Old 03-06-01, 05:07 PM

My 5 word review

Terrible! Terrible! Terrible! Terrible! Terrible!

My sister bought this for my niece; $3.98 in a bargain rack. She was ripped off.

http://www.geocities.com/graypupster/stealth.html
Old 03-06-01, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Jeraden
I did something really stupid today. I was in Walmart and saw this on the shelf for 9.96. With all the negative reviews slamming this movie, I just HAD to see how bad it was. Being a huge Sandler fan, I just couldn't believe that the movie could be as bad as everyone said.

From the back of the case:
"Shecky's antics rock the boat in this hilarious sea adventure which contains hysterical comic sketches and sexy fantasy sequences."

Sadly, I don't think I even smiled once during the whole thing. Actually, I did laugh once, a laugh of pity at how pathetic this was - there's a scene where Sandler and some other guy are talking, Sandler turns to the camera and says: "But first, lets take a look at a menage of hot girls in bikinis" (or something like that) and they show girls in bikinis for 2 minutes.

But seriously, this movie sucks, I want my money back. There are some movies that are so bad that they are funny, this movie is so bad that its just bad. I don't know how they can make a 90 minute comedy that isn't even remotely funny at least once. And I like some pretty stupid comedies.
I was thinking the same thing you were before you bought it! Thanks, I will not be buying it now!