Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Wanted: Review of Highlander Endgame

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Wanted: Review of Highlander Endgame

Old 02-28-01, 10:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saw it in the empty theatre - not as bad as I thought it would be. Anyone know if the "Director's Cut" is worth the $?
Old 03-01-01, 01:55 PM

I never saw the theatrical cut, so I can't comment on any improvements, but if you liked the movie, you should really like the DVD. It looks and sounds great, and the package includes a slew of nice extras. Fans of the film should be VERY happy with this package!
Old 03-01-01, 03:05 PM

If you enjoyed this movie in the empty theater then you should like the DVD. It has so many extras that it would be worth it just for them. This is the first disc that my wife actually enjoyed the extras on.
Old 03-02-01, 12:15 PM

The theatrical version was around 85 minutes, the DVD is about 100 minutes. The added material easily improves he film. Also, the second disc shows an "earlier cut." It's basically the movie as it was edited a few months before the final version. Very interesting comparison! The commentary is fairly interesting, although the director is not a part of it. (Odd.) The special effects featurette is interesting, as far as seeing how they did it. And the documentary feature is really neat because it not only gives technical background stuff, but story material as well. And you get to see that Adrian Paul is REALLY into his character. This DVD is probably one of my favorites as far as worthwhile extras goes. I highly recommend it!
Old 03-02-01, 12:45 PM

Thanks for the reviews - Looks like I get a birthday present for myself!
Old 03-03-01, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There are 6 easter eggs on the first disk.
Old 04-18-01, 12:29 PM

Rented it last night. I'm a fan of the first movie (the DVD version is suck BTW) and was dissapointed by the sequel. I was really hoping for something better with the Endgame but again, I was dissapointed. It's a renter at best. End-game really screws up the time-line of the first movie too which bothers me. It probably fits fine with the series but I've never watched it.

My 2 cents.