Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Do you own "Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down!"?

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Do you own "Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down!"?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-01, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If so...

1. What do you think of the DVD (not the movie, but the transfer, the image quality)?

2. Does it have subtitle control? (that is, can the English subtitles be turned off so that you only hear the Spanish language track?)

3. What did you think of the movie?

4. Do you know if "Butterfly" (Buena Vista, to be released 2/20) or "Woman on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown" (MGM, to be released 4/10) have subtitle control?

For what it's worth, if subtitle control is important to you, "All About My Mother" and "The First Night of My Life" both have subtitle control, "Tierra", "Guantanamera" and "Kika" both do not have subtitle control. In fact, "Guantanamera" might not have the Spanish language track, though I am not sure on this.

Old 02-02-01, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...erm... unless you're with/or speaking to the military, or a prison unit, what you repeatedly call 'subtitle control' is more generally -and better- known as 'optional subtitles'...

(signed) Me, in pedantic mode.

! !

Old 02-03-01, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The only movie that I own that names that feature is "The First Night of My Life", which calls it "Subtitle control". I understand what is meant by "optional subtitles", of course.

By the way, a couple of years ago I spent the Christmas holidays in Peru, there was a guy from a Swiss band there, the band was "Hostage" (formerly known as "Sadness"). Ever hear of them?

Also, out of curiosity, how common are DVDs in Switzerland? Here, probably one out of every 7 friends or so now have a DVD player.

[This message has been edited by Heat 1 (edited February 02, 2001).]
Old 02-03-01, 12:17 AM

Subtitle control is not the same as optional subtitles.

I think.

-Gonnosuke
Old 02-03-01, 07:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Gonnosuke: ...erm... what would the difference be, then? I mean, what can one do with subtitles, except (at best) turn them ON or OFF 'on the fly'?

Heat 1: ...you've got me there!... I'm not 'into' Swiss bands - but I do know that the most 'famous' Swiss group is Gotthard - yea! - ...I think...

! !