Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Any reviews on the Benny & Joon DVD?

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Any reviews on the Benny & Joon DVD?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-01, 03:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't find any DVD reviews on Benny & Joon anywhere.

Anyone who owns the title wanna give me their impressions of video, audio, and extras on this disc?
Old 01-09-01, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Moving to Reviews forum.

--Heather
Moderator, DVD Talk & Reviews forums
Old 01-10-01, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This DVD surprised me for a budget MGM title. The anamorphic transfer looks very good. There is a little bit of softness, and a slight grainy filtered look, but from the way the director of photography describes it in one of the supplements it appears that this is completely intentional.

The audio is Dolby Surround and I didn't have any problems with it - the dialog is all perfectly clear. Not a sound effects movie of course.

The supplements surprised me more than anything. Commentary (which I haven't listened to), two nice deleted scenes (one is pretty funny), a screen test with the director of photography's commentary which I found to be very interesting, theatrical trailer and music video. Some of this was probably laserdisc material judging from the screen test commentary comments. It's great to have all of this on one of these inexpensive MGM titles though - really makes it a more complete package.

Well worth the $13.99 you can buy it for. While not exhaustive with supplements, it's very nice - I just need to remind myself not to expect this from MGM every time.
Old 01-12-01, 02:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, I guess Im gonna have to upgrade from my LD. I thought there were no suppliments on the DVD. Does it have the Proclaimers music video? "I will walk 5,000 Miles?"
Old 01-12-01, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yes to the music video question.
Old 01-12-01, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

As Wolfchild stated...I was pleasantly surprised to see the extras on the disc!!! I have not viewed my dvd yet....I can vouch for the movie!!!! Good story...funny in parts.....buy the dvd!!!

------------------
THE 13TH WARRIOR OF THE OTHER FORUM

Jules Winfield's Other Forum Brother......
http://www.dvdtracker.com/~djones6746.asp

"You know Andy...I never thought it would come to this....Mayberry....Gateway to danger."

Barney Fife