DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Underdog cartoon DVD?

Old 12-13-00, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone have this?
Old 12-13-00, 04:42 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yep, it's ok. The quality is about what you would expect from a 20year old cartoon. If you really like the show it's worth it. If you aren't sure/don't remember try renting it somewhere first.

Old 12-14-00, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep, same here. I was disappointed, though, because I thought it would have the show, not just the underdog shorts. Therefore, I was disappointed to see that there was no Tennessee Tuxedo, Commander McBragg, or other stuff. If you really like underdog, then it is okay; if you really liked the show along with all the rest of the characters, then you might not get all that you asked for.

robyn
Old 12-14-00, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 411 Likes on 291 Posts
I saw this was coming to DVD and thought must pre-order! Then I ate some pie and forgot about it. A week or so ago I rented it from Netflix and am glad I only rented it. The 3 main episodes are cleaned up nicely, little dust or artifacts for something so old, especially when compared to some of the short bonus material footage that wasn't restored. But seeing the full episodes w/o the intervening shorts definitely took away from it. You won't mind renting it and sending it back, but even with the other bonus stuff it wasn't worth owning to me. Also the show was far cornier than I had recalled FWIW. and I am a big cartoon fan.