DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Review for Chicken Run?

Old 12-02-00, 02:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Is there one coming? Just watched it last night. Cracked me up!!! Plus, it has a great menu! Looking forward to this review...
Old 12-02-00, 03:00 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

It's great. Go buy it.

------------------
MY SHORT BUT SLOWLY EXPANDING DVD LIST

MY GETTING LONGER BUT SLOWLY EXPANDING DVD LIST

"The earth does not belong to people; people belong to the earth. Everything that happens to the earth happens also to the sons and daughters of the earth." -Chief Seattle.
Old 12-02-00, 03:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

i did! i mentioned the great menu!
just wanted to see what the dvdtalk reviewers thought...
Old 12-02-00, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

It's about a Bunch of Clay chickens trying to Fly out of their coup before they get made into pies.
Old 12-02-00, 09:38 AM

Overview: It's a pretty good but not great little movie that should stand up to repeat viewings nicely. The DVD provides excellent picture with very good sound and some nice extras. I think it merits a purchase.

Link to my full review:
http://www.dvdmg.com/chickenrun.html

Old 12-02-00, 02:59 PM

A depressing and mostly lackluster story of concentration camp survival. My 8 year old did not even remotely enjoy this film. A homage of sorts to several wwII prison camp movies. The clay animation is remarkable. Art Spiegalman's comic "Maus" tells a similar story to much greater effect. This film lacks the charm and wit of Wallace and Gromit. Rent before you buy.

[This message has been edited by Smog (edited December 02, 2000).]
Old 12-02-00, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
quote:
Originally posted by Smog:
Art Spiegalman's comic "Maus" tells a similar story to much greater effect. This film lacks the charm and wit of Wallace and Gromit. Rent before you buy.

[This message has been edited by Smog (edited December 02, 2000).]

Personally, I wouldn't compare it to Maus (I only have vol 2) -- Maus has pretty much no humor in the concentration camp scenes and it's all biographical. Aside from the impending doom of being made into pies, the chickens and the whole setting is far more reminiscent of POW camps like the ones portrayed in "The Great Escape" and "Stalag 17" -- both of which were referred to quite a number of times.

Tuan Jim

------------------
"No circus animals were harmed in the making of this comic. Although we beat the living #&@*! out of some midgets that cracked wise to us. I tell you...you ain't seen funny until you've seen some fifty year old, two foot tall guy mess himself outta fear for his life."

Eric Powell -- "The Goon"

"I can count to 20 without my shoes and up to 21 without my pants."

-- Frank "Monkeys ate my shorts" Cho.

[This message has been edited by Tuan Jim (edited December 02, 2000).]
Old 12-02-00, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I LMAO. The Aardman boys can do no wrong.

[This message has been edited by jonathan.e (edited December 02, 2000).]
Old 12-02-00, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

"I don't want to be a pie!...I don't like gravy..." LOL! It's hilarious when Babs says it in that English accent...
Old 12-03-00, 05:52 PM

Great movie, great DVD. Three years in the making this first feature length motion picture from multiple Oscar winning Aardman Pictures doesn't dissapoint with great voice acting, stop motion animation, and a clever story. The humour is not quite as reserved as the wonderful Wallace and Gromit shorts, but works well. In particular, I really enjoyed the character of Mac(orignially named McNugget in preproduction), the final action sequence, and the wonderful WWII-esque score. DVD features include a commentary by directors Nick Park/Peter Lords, two behind the scenes featurettes, trailers(including great parodies of MI2 and Gladiator), storyteller version of the story(a 10 minute read along for kids), and DVDROM games.

What did everyone think of the sneak preview trailer for Schreck? The scene with John Lithgow and the Gingerbread Man made me nearly fall out of my chair LMAO!!!!
Old 12-03-00, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

GREAT movie, GREAT disc - one of the most worthwhile DVD purchases I've made in a while. Laughed out loud several times... this is a seriously entertaining movie!

"It's all in me head... it's all in me head!"

Anyone see the Gladiator-style trailer for Chicken Run on the Gladiator DVD? "A chicken will rise... or they'll all be pies!"

- David Stein

------------------
There is No Cabal

[This message has been edited by sfsdfd (edited December 03, 2000).]