DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Reviews wanted for the Sinbad Collection

Old 11-12-00, 02:44 AM

I have been thinking about getting the Sinbad Collection. All I know is that one mag (forgot the name, maybe Total Movie #1) had mentioned that it was pretty good. What do you think?
Old 11-12-00, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

i have 7th Voyage of Sinbad (unfortunately i dont have the whole collection yet) and it is really good. The actual image quality on the film is not fantastic, but it is an old movie. You can tell they cleaned it up a little and found the best possible print, because of age, its naturally not going to look as good as other movies. All my life i have watched the Harryhausen Sinbad films every time i can catch them on tv, and i can say that the DVD presentation is the best i've seen.

The best thing about the 7th Voyage disc is that it has great extras. 7-10 Harryhausen film trailers. Posters. Two interviews with him, and best of all, an hour long documentary The Harryhausen Chronicles. i assume with the care they put into this disc, although the other Sinbad films dont have as many extras, they probably look good too.

[This message has been edited by iaido (edited November 12, 2000).]
Old 11-12-00, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Argh! I thought this was about the "sinbad" of house guest, first kid, cherokee kid

Darn!