Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Review Wanted: Grinch SE

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-00, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Today's the street date for the new SE release of How the Grinch Stole Christmas/Horton Hears a Hoo, from WB. Any review yet from anyone who has received it? Thanks.

------------------
"Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try."
--Homer Simpson
Old 10-31-00, 01:30 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Did you see the first release? It's pretty much the same thing w/ a couple of extra features (for the Grinch only, Horton is exactly the same). There is a commentary which isn't the best in the world, but what can you say about a 1/2 hour cartoon I guess TNT did a 1/2 "making of..." a few years back and that is on there along w/ another short/interview w/ the composer and the person who sang the songs (alot of duplicate information as the TNT thing though). It's worth it if you like the Grinch/Suess. JMO
Old 11-02-00, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just wathced this. I think if this disc had no extra features I still would have loved it, the Grinch being a classic and all. If you have a nice sound system hearing Boris Karloff and the great music surely will be awesome. The commentary was a bit boring but still enjoyable. TNT's Special is really great, I'm so glad that it was put on DVD. Phil Hartman does some great voice overs as John Wayne, Jack Nicholson and the Chairman of the Board (Frank Sinatra) The specail also features some comments by Directo/Animator Chuck Jones,Tim Burton and Danny Elfman. The DVD also contains Interviews with Albert Hague (Composer) and Thurl Ravenscroft (He sang the GRINCH song) I definitely recommend this DVD for the TNT special alone, even if you have one of the previous releases.