DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Reviews Wanted: Friday 13th 3 & 4

Old 10-19-00, 10:10 PM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Posts: 813
Thanks,
MatthewCho
MatthewCho is offline  
Old 10-20-00, 10:46 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 1,896
Will check those out on Halloween, will let you know!
terminator911 is offline  
Old 10-20-00, 10:58 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio/Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
Posts: 10,200
quote:
Originally posted by terminator911:
Will check those out on Halloween, will let you know!


Hey Terminator!!! I would guess if they are anything like the first two...you will enjoy a decent transfer(Anamorphic widescreen) but the sound will be Mono!!! I have not seen the specs on these two and did not order them!! If you like the series, buy parts three and four!!! You will receive the best transfer to date for these films.

------------------
http://www.dvdtracker.com/~djones6746.asp


"You know Andy...I never thought it would come to this....Mayberry....Gateway to danger."

Barney Fife
djones6746 is offline  
Old 10-21-00, 01:31 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah - USA
Posts: 5,196
* "Friday 13th" --- = Good!!!

* "Friday 13th - Part 2" --- = pretty bad

* "Friday 13th - Part 3" (originally shown in 3D!) --- = Badder still

* "Friday 13th - Part 4" --- = Baddest of all? (...frankly, I didn't even know there was such a thing...)

* ...and wasn't there the (inevitable) spoof titled "Saturday 14th" - or something like it?...

! !



[This message has been edited by Hendrik (edited October 21, 2000).]
Hendrik is offline  
Old 10-26-00, 02:03 AM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Reidsville, GA
Posts: 572
Well, In terms of picture quality and Extras, these are almost identical to the first two. In other words, decent picture quality and no extras (except for the standard trailer).

As for the quality of the films themselves, it's pretty much a matter of opinion. However, Part III is my personal favorite of the series. It's kind of fun to play "spot the 3D effects that aren't in 3D anymore" (actually, they're incredibly obvious - so it's not that much of a challenge). I also really dig that insane Disco music that plays during the opening and closing credits.
Roy28 is offline  
Old 10-26-00, 07:13 PM
  #6  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 56
Which movie had jason killing some campers that were in a sleeping bag by throwing them against a tree?
dvddog is offline  
Old 10-27-00, 09:13 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Posts: 813
quote:
Originally posted by Roy28:
Well, In terms of picture quality and Extras, these are almost identical to the first two. In other words, decent picture quality and no extras (except for the standard trailer).

As for the quality of the films themselves, it's pretty much a matter of opinion. However, Part III is my personal favorite of the series. It's kind of fun to play "spot the 3D effects that aren't in 3D anymore" (actually, they're incredibly obvious - so it's not that much of a challenge). I also really dig that insane Disco music that plays during the opening and closing credits.



Thanks for the reviews.

The music in Part 3 IS classic!

MatthewCho

MatthewCho is offline  
Old 10-29-00, 07:59 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Member #812
Posts: 2,743
quote:
Originally posted by dvddog:
Which movie had jason killing some campers that were in a sleeping bag by throwing them against a tree?


That would be Friday The 13th Part VII: The New Blood
Nosebleed is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.