DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Need Info On Scream Trilogy Set

Old 09-29-00, 01:11 PM

Hey all,

I have yet to be able to find the Scream Trilogy set in STORES here in Canada so I am just wondering now about the features. Can anyone out there who has it tell me if the set is worth it. I loved Scream and moderately enjoyed Scream 2 and maybe a small part in my little toe enjoyed Scream 3, but it would be good, I suppose to have all of them.

What are the extras like on the discs? More, so, the FOURTH disc. What is the cutting room floor feature or whatever it is called? The sound? Transfer? I heard about a booklet? True and explain what it includes.

Just a little word on this set and it's extras would be great. Thanks in advance,

QJ
Old 09-29-00, 02:48 PM

I was really disappointed in the fourth disc. There isn't that much content on it for starters. There is an excellent documentary which was around 30 minutes if I recall. The Cutting Room is really sucky in my opinion. A lot of deleted bits and pieces all messed up. You can put them in any order you like but it seems rather time consuming. They should have done this themselves and made a long reel of deleted material. The screen testsand the sunrise studios trailers were interesting. The video and audio quality were good considering of course that much of the material is unfinished. The box itself has a slipcase over it and while it certainly looks cool, it's quite flimsy. I haven't looked at the booklet yet but an overview shows some background information on each film plus a one page advertising gallery. I haven't gotten around to checking out any of the actual movie discs' extras yet.
Old 09-29-00, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The box set is only worth it, if you are a die-hard fan of these films.

After all, most people are content with Scream, Scream 2, and Scream 3: Dimension Collector's Series.

Others are happy with Scream: Dimension Collector's Series, Scream 2, and Scream 3: Dimension Collector's Series.

Yet still others will be happy with Scream: Dimension Collector's Series, Scream 2: Dimension Collector's Series, and Scream 3: Dimension Collector's Series along with the bonus disc.

Depends on your tastes.

Pretty much Scream: Dimension Collector's Series and Scream 3: Dimension Collector's Series are the same DVD but with stickers over the UPCs. The only real new items are the Scream 2: Dimension Collector's Series disc and the bonus disc. The video quality is generally good for all the films. The bonus disc though features a supplement that becomes more chore than fun. About the only enjoyable thing on the bonus disc are the parody trailers from Sunrise Studios.

Oh and Alliance is responsible for the Scream Collection box set in Canada. They will release a version around the same time as the U.S. edition.

------------------
Bob*The_Puppet
Old 09-29-00, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Moving to Reviews forum.

--Heather
Moderator, DVD Talk & Reviews forums
Old 09-29-00, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

quote:
Originally posted by rutger_s:
Oh and Alliance is responsible for the Scream Collection box set in Canada. They will release a version around the same time as the U.S. edition.

Alliance? I guess that means Canada will probably get an anamorphic Scream 1.