Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

review wanted: evil dead 2 and 3 limited

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

review wanted: evil dead 2 and 3 limited

Old 09-12-00, 06:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i want to know what people think about evil dead 2: dead by dawn limited edition, and evil dead 3: army of darkness limited edition
Old 09-12-00, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evid Dead 2, is a great DVD. A sharper picture than the previous releases. Although some have complained that it was a tad too dark, all it takes is minor adjusting of your brightness level to remedy that. The behind the scenes doc by the effects team is great and funny. I havent listened to the commentary yet, but expect it to be as good as other Cambell/Raimi commentaries. The large tin and lack of a normal case, bothered some, but not me. Fits on my DVD rack fine.

Army of Darkness, Directores Cut (no one calls it Evil Dead 3) is really a fan DVD. The added scenes have not been cleaned up or mastered and come from rough versions of the film. Therefore, they really stick out. Those who love the trilogy will not care as the scenes, dirty or not, present a different film, a little rougher, a tad meaner, than we are used to. The main bonus is the always insightful and goofy, dark, deadpan commentary by Cambell and Raimi, who obviously love two things, making movies and being smartasses.
Old 09-13-00, 03:06 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I can't add anything to the reviews of either films above, but I can say it would be in your interests to pick up both the director's cut and theatrical edition of Army of Darkness. This is the one movie where I think having both versions are necessary. The fact that the making of Army of Darkness is on the theatrical disc, while the commentary is on the DC is reason enough to buy both. Might I also add that if you don't have it you'll want to pick up the original Evil Dead, preferably the Elite disc. You can always wait till 2001 for the new Anchor Bay release, but with a movie like Evil Dead, who wants to wait?

------------------
"Your brother." "You're... you're looking for my brother? I don't know where he is. He wanted to stay with me, but I told him..." "8 hours, your brother, $15,000." "$15,000, my brother, 8 hours. Well, but if..." "Your brother..." "...my brother..." "$15,000, 8 hours." "Yeah, okay, but if I can't find my brother, can I give you the $15,000? Do you still need my brother, or...?" "8 hours, your brother, $15,000." "All three of those things?" "Correct." "All three?" "Correct."