Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

REVIEW REQUEST: Alien Legacy box set...is it worth the $90??

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

REVIEW REQUEST: Alien Legacy box set...is it worth the $90??

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-00, 12:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I liked these movies, but don't know if I really want to spend $90 to get them all in the box set. Are they worth the $90?? Is it an excellent transfer of all the movies?? Thanks!!!
Old 07-28-00, 12:49 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
At this point probably not unless you would by all 4 of them individually. All the movies look/sound good. The special features are the best on the first, the second is ok, but 3 and 4 don't really have anything
Old 07-28-00, 12:54 AM

I'm not really a big Alien fan, but like I said, I did like the movies. Do you think I'd be better off just buying the 1st and 2nd ones and forget about the other 2?
Old 07-28-00, 12:58 AM

Yep. Unless you can find a really good deal on the box set w/ coupons or something, its not worth it as the 5th bonus DVD is not available anymore. I just bought Alien and Aliens, seeing those are the only great movies out of the series, and the only ones with any real features on them. Guarantee you'll love those two DVDs however, they're great.
Old 07-28-00, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If you're interested, they sell the Alien Legacy in the UK with different box graphics AND the fifth disc! Not sure if it's the same, but if you really want that disc, this may be the way to go.

------------------
"I've done some...questionable things, but nothing the God of biomechanics wouldn't let you into heaven for."

- Blade Runner
Old 07-28-00, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'd have to agree with monkeybrains on this one. I got it pretty cheap ($45) If you are crazy about all the titles go for it but if only a few get you, you'd be better off buying them individually.Bluemagic, do you know if that disc set would be region free,1 or 2? I saw the set & thought it looked pretty cool, I actually like that art work better than the American set's art.

------------------
Gojira

Old 07-29-00, 04:29 AM

I would go with nemein and say that 1 and 2 have good extras and 3 and 4 were just brought out almost like a bare bones copy.
Old 07-29-00, 06:39 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, i would say, get the box set. your paying what? 40 bucks for two dvds? if you liked the making, you should just get the box set. sure its bare bones. but just to have them. i love this series, even though the script for 3 was crap
Old 07-30-00, 02:43 AM
Needs to provide a working email

quote:<HR>Originally posted by MonkeyBrains:
Yep. Unless you can find a really good deal on the box set w/ coupons or something, its not worth it <HR>

I got my box set during the very short Mass Music sale last year for $37.00. :-)
Old 07-30-00, 07:20 PM
Cool New Member

buckee1, its region 2.
Old 08-01-00, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

whatever you decide to do just remember that the 1st one is good, the 2nd is the best and the rest is not worth the time of day to look at.
Old 08-01-00, 03:16 PM

I recently said f*** it and bought the first one and will buy the 2nd one soon. If I wanted to, I could probably buy them all separate for less than the box set!
Old 08-03-00, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
with the right hook ups, i'm sure it is well worth it. come on, its worth it. or my name isn't sammy the bull.