Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Plan 9 from outer space DVD

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Plan 9 from outer space DVD

Old 06-26-00, 04:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am asking about the Image version DVD with the 111 minute documentary "Flying Saucers over Hollywood" I was wondering how the Transfer looks, and if the documentary is any good?
Old 06-26-00, 10:32 PM

I thought it looked great (as well as it could look) and enjoyed the documentary, even though it went over a lot of things I knew. There was some new interesting info and great interviews. I think the Dvds a lot of fun. I'm actually considering buying it. (rented it)
Old 06-26-00, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I rented it too, and I was amazed by the picture quality: minimal grain and scratches, probably the best it has ever looked. Great detail considering theres a lot of night scenes. Documentary is LOOOONG but has some good info, and yeah, a lot that was covered in Burtons film too, The narrator is like the comic book guy in the Simpsons, and goes around and bugs the clueless warehouse owner and says stuff like "I am in the exact spot in the warehouse where Plan 9 was filmed!" I've heard that the other Image Ed Woods are equally good looking.