Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

REVIEW WANTED:ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

REVIEW WANTED:ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA

Old 05-10-00, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HAS ANYONE SEEN THE NEW E.L.O. DVD:ACCESS ALL AREAS.I AM ALSO LOOKING FOR A REVIEW OF JACKSON BROWNE:GOING HOME.
Old 06-12-00, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,155 Likes on 707 Posts
i watched the dvd ELO: Access All Areas. it is a decent disc. it is kinda like an episode of VH1's Behind the Music but with Concert footage spliced in. the concert footage is from one concert & it sound pretty good. it is DD5.1 mastered.

pretty much after every song, there is interview or backstage footage. some of the original members go thru the history of the band which is interesting. what it suffers from is no Jeff Lynne, which is to be expected. he has nothing to do with ELO Part II. there are also two videos on the disc.

i would recommend this definitely to any ELO Part II fans & also to just ELO fans.

i also watched ELO Out of the Blue Tour. it is not that great. the picture is pretty fuzzy & it suffers from someone doing those old 70's camera tricks while the concert is going on. some of the songs are obviously being lip-synched live which is also disappointing. most are live though. nothing special.

the saving grace of this disc is the entire album of Discovery is done in video form. granted, these are very early videos & dont offer much more than seeing ELO lip-synch each song but there is some animation themes & camera tricks in most of them. both the concert & the videos are in 2 channel stereo. this one is for ELO completists only.