Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Joan of Arc; the messenger

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Joan of Arc; the messenger

Old 03-28-00, 09:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been so tempted to purchase this DVD. I have not seen this movie. After I looked at the imdb.com, I can't decide. Some said the movie is great, others said the acting is ver y bad.

What do you think? the storyline? the acting? Please post your comments

Thanks
Old 03-28-00, 11:44 PM
Banned

attfield

People are going to love and hate this movie, as with any other movie over the past 100 years.

I, personally loved this film, the acting was great along with the story. Milla Jovovich was perfect for this role. Of course somebody else will come on here and say this movie was crap.

Just rent it first, but if it was up to me, i'd say buy it. And if it was up to somebody else, they'd say avoid this horrible movie.
I hope you enjoy it.

------------------
The Decline
Old 03-29-00, 04:04 AM

I hadn't seen this but I ended up ordering it because I had $180 freeride bucks to burn and I wanted to get in on the Tom Clancy deal at Amazon AND save on shipping. So anyway... I hope I like it- it at least LOOKS good.

But what is with the cover? I liked the theatrical poster so much I bought an original, but the DVD art is terrible! Anyone with skills want to creat a cover with the cool art from the poster? Please?

------------------
Joel
<[email protected]>
"I want it all, Marge. The terrifying lows, the dizzying highs, the creamy middles. Sure, I may offend a few of the blue-noses with my cocky stride and musky oders- oh, I'll never be the darling of the so-called 'City Fathers' who cluck their tongues, stroke their beards, and talk about 'What's to be done with this Homer Simpson?'"
Old 03-29-00, 08:39 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very underrated movie. Also, DVDFILE.com gave the DVD review a very high praise.

------------------
"THIS IS WHO WE ARE"
Old 03-29-00, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Personally I didn't like this movie at all. I was really looking forward to it and I was really really disappointed. I thought Milla did a horrible job, and as I've said before that there were parts of the movie where I was laughing and I'm not sure that I was supposed to be.

Old 03-29-00, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Luc Besson's The Messenger is simply another bland retelling of the Braveheart formula. Jovovich is all wrong for the part. Her Joan is too wordly, and certainly less than convincing as the leader of a revolution.

Cannot hold a candle in any respect (least of all performance) to Carl Dreyer's 1928 masterpiece The Passion of Joan of Arc.

------------------
"Editing is the foundation of the film art." --V. Pudovkin.