Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Review Wanted: Wild Things

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Review Wanted: Wild Things

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-00, 02:39 AM
Hoc
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know the movie was great. I absolutely loved it, and thought it was one of the best pics of last year. My request for a review goes more to the quality of the transfer and the extras on the disc. How are these? Is this movie worth buying on DVD, aside from the fact that the movie itself was interesting and watchable?
Old 02-11-00, 06:29 AM

I'd also be interested to know how the DVD measures up. What about the extras? I used to pine for Neve Campbell, but next to Denise Richards, she looks like a 12 year old boy! I might buy the DVD just for the love scenes between the two girls, or the 3-way with Matt Dillon. Denise Richards- SCHWING!!!!
Old 02-11-00, 08:33 AM

If you liked the movie, you'll like the disc. It's a Columbia DVD, so the transfer is outstanding and anamorphic as usual. Sound is also top-notch - Clinton's music especially sounds great. It's 2-sided, WS on one and P&S on the other, extras on both sides (I think - never watched the FF side). A few deleted scenes that were alright - you can see why they were deleted. The commentary is really pretty good - they have a lot of people on the track, which means there's very little silence but it can also get confusing who's talking. The director had some interesting things to say, and he was clearly all business during the big Richards scene. Definitely worth a buy if you like the film. HTH.

--Jim

------------------
My DVD list
Old 02-11-00, 06:07 PM

Jim's right. You can definitely see why the deleted scenes were removed from the flick.

desensitized