Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Review: KISS Second Coming...

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Review: KISS Second Coming...

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-00, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,131 Posts
Picture: Ok

The picture is not a clear as I think it could have been. Some scenes are grainy and a lot of this is because there's a lot of stuff shot behind the scenes on camcorders. This is not bad because it's the guys being real. The home movies are AWESOME!

One of my favorite scenes:
You get to see the original members over at GENE SIMMONS' pad putting on the makeup and costumes for the first time in some 15 years!!! This was in prep for an awards show suprise. Even Tupac Shakur was blown away(no pun intended ) by the site of the guys in full costume!!!

The sound: Good in some places, so so in others.

The narration seemed to come from all speakers instead of JUST the center channel. I had the set-up on 5.1 so this was a bit annoying. Others areas of the dvd sounded better. The parts with music sounded good though...

Extras: good just 3

They include the SHOUT IT OUT LOUD video, An Australian performance of SHANDI by Paul that was shot on a camcorder by someone just below Paul in the frontstage position, and an awesome cut of DETROIT ROCK CITY from the PSYCHO CIRCUS tour! So in the last one they had the modified Destroyer costumes.

If you are a KISS/dvd fan then this is a must have depsite my criticisms. It really shows them working hard to give great shows. You see them in rehearsal doing what they do best.

They really do blow most of the new bands out now off the stage.

Oh btw, you get to see the band doing their individual photos sessions...Paul's featured several nude womem...yes they show it all

Get this dvd!

[This message has been edited by Giantrobo (edited February 02, 2000).]
Old 02-03-00, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,081 Likes on 656 Posts
just got mine in yesterday from myfamily.com. i replaced my vhs version. the only disappointment i have is that the vhs versio came with a nice booklet w/ pix & history & stuff. the dvd does ot have a booklet but does have extra footage & 5.1 sound! i guess i will just keep my vhs booklet & toss the tapes. so long vhs! if you like Kiss, this is a great documentary to have.