Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Review Wanted: "Devil In A Blue Dress"

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Review Wanted: "Devil In A Blue Dress"

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-00, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I haven't seen the movie yet, but a good friend of mine keeps raving about it. Can someone give me a review of the DVD and the movie itself?

jim

------------------
http://www.dvdtracker.com/~gamblor187.asp
Old 02-01-00, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This is an excellent movie and an excellent disc. Very good picture and sound quality. The movie is a brilliant hard-boiled crime drama. Somewhat film noir. Great performances from Denzel Washington, Don Cheadle, and Tom Sizemore. Smart, fast moving, overall outstanding. I highly recommend it.

------------------

If it doesn`t have guitars and real drums, it`s crap!
Old 02-01-00, 08:44 AM

I'll second the recommendation on "Devil in a Blue Dress". Great atmospheric visuals. My only criticism is that Jennifer Beals is a little overshadowed by Denzel Washington's performance, but it's still a great title to pick up. As far as the DVD is concerned, the extras aren't bad: trailer, screen tests, and a director's commentary that I really don't remember much about.
Old 02-01-00, 04:32 PM

A fine vehicle for Denzel Washington adapted from the Walter Mosley novel. Good performances all around and a great debut by Don Cheadle as Mouse. The books are very good and highly recommended. Two more with the same characters are White Butterfly and A Red Death. I was hoping they would be filmed also but Devil did real poor in the theaters. Good transfer and sound and another freak played by Tom Sizemore.